• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

leadbelly2550

Reaction score
Observation about wearing larger watches, like dive watches: made to measure dress shirts offer the opportunity to order a slightly looser cuff to accommodate a larger watch. I did this on all the shirts I wear for work. No more watch sticking out from under a too-tight left cuff.

leadbelly2550

Reaction score
you could do the full monty and order a watch cuff shirt

or an Agnelli which might be cheaper

never seen that kind of cuff. Wearing a watch over the sleeve is standard stuff for diving wetsuits, and WW II pilots (Germans, anyway) wore large watches over their flight jacket sleeves. http://b-uhr.com/en/history.html Either way, I haven't yet and may never get to that level of watch nerdness.

leadbelly2550

Reaction score
OK, shipping from China didn’t take as long as I thought. Escapement Time is a Chinese watch-maker that sells these for a reasonable price ($101 delivered). 42mm case, Seiko automatic movement, sapphire glass, crown screws down. Claims 300m of water resistance; I don’t know about that but figure it should be OK getting wet. Pretty good finishing and leather strap for an inexpensive watch, though the leather is heavy grade and is stiff, will need some break-in time. Hands, numbers and markings all have reasonable illumination.

DC3E69BB-9229-4E0A-A803-A663DD3C6D87.jpeg

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's actually a pretty decent dial IMO.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with Stowa

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This reminds me that I have a Stowa Marine Original sitting in a box unworn since 2018. I've really got to get better about selling watches.

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My $1 Gruen Precision. I don't like the band but it's what I had on hand.

20210305_175118.jpg

Captain O

Reaction score
My $1 Gruen Precision. I don't like the band but it's what I had on hand.

View attachment 1568358
Did you know that Gruen Precision joined forces with Little Golden Books in 1956 to produce "How To Tell Time" (by Jane Werner Watson)? Look it up, and you will likely find it truly fascinating. My parents bought the book for my older brother as a first-grade student.

Isn't it amazing what we remember from our childhood?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.