• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@javyn

It's losing time very quickly. I only wear it on the weekends, but it's never been serviced. I need to send it to the Seiko service center in NJ.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is gorgeous.

I've been really tempted by Christopher Ward and I think one of these Grand Tourer might be a great starting point. I don't mind quartz and the case diameter of 39mm is right where I like it (though I wish the lug-to-lug was a little smaller). The layout is perfect and even the font used on the markers is great.

monkey66

Reaction score
This is gorgeous.

I've been really tempted by Christopher Ward and I think one of these Grand Tourer might be a great starting point. I don't mind quartz and the case diameter of 39mm is right where I like it (though I wish the lug-to-lug was a little smaller). The layout is perfect and even the font used on the markers is great.
Thanks.

It was my first CR and I think a real beauty. I have seen far less well made dials on watches with an extra digit on the price. I think this one was £385. Details like the hands and winder can be improved but at the price it is fantastic.

I bought the C60 Trident Pro (40mm/steel/black) and that is a whole another level again. The quality and feel (things that don't translate in photographs) are on par with £2-4k better known brand watches. I have heard some things about CR quality issues but the 3 watches I have handled (I bought one for someone else) have all been perfect.

CR also have great sales and often list nearly new/returns on their website with great prices, they have some up right now.

I stay away from their more fashion forward designs but that is a personal preference.

Sadly you will not see the residual values one gets with a bigger brand but they are watches for wearing.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After the first 11 hours of that schedule, I'm pretty impressed by anyone who has the energy for an hour's walk, hand in hand.

Reaction score
messages_0.jpeg

Two Seikos in my collection, on the right, the Seiko Presage Cocktail Time Silver SRPB43 and on the left the Seiko Divers Automatic Deep Blue SKX009K1.

SKX is on a red and blue Crafter Blue strap.
Pros:
I feel like I can get away with it at work.
It works for everything else too. I run in it, jump in the ocean in it, go camping with it.
Cons:
Could be more dressy.
Will not fit under a cuff.
No hacking on hand wind, you are either in or out with this watch.

Cocktail time is on a WOCCI suede strap.
Pros:
Dressier, used to be my every day work watch. Looks great for the money.
Hacking, hand wind.
Cons:
No water resistance really.
Won't fit under a cuff and has a huge crown.
The face does not contrast very much with the polished steel case, this thing gleams. Not a huge con just something to be aware of.

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1567708

Two Seikos in my collection, on the right, the Seiko Presage Cocktail Time Silver SRPB43 and on the right the Seiko Divers Automatic Deep Blue SKX009K1.

SKX is on a red and blue Crafter Blue strap.
Pros:
I feel like I can get away with it at work.
It works for everything else too. I run in it, jump in the ocean in it, go camping with it.
Cons:
Could be more dressy.
Will not fit under a cuff.
No hacking on hand wind, you are either in or out with this watch.

Cocktail time is on a WOCCI suede strap.
Pros:
Dressier, used to be my every day work watch. Looks great for the money.
Hacking, hand wind.
Cons:
No water resistance really.
Won't fit under a cuff and has a huge crown.
The face does not contrast very much with the polished steel case, this thing gleams. Not a huge con just something to be aware of.
Hey Kevin, your watches are bad and you should feel bad for your terrible opinions about them*

* I have known Kevin for 20 years, he is my dearest and best friend and I am super excited he finally joined the forum after me badgering him for years. Thought I would give him the full style forum experience :)

leadbelly2550

Reaction score
One of my favorite non-dive watches. I like that it’s still 200m water resistant with a crown that screws in. The hands and Arabic numbers glow pretty well in the dark.

I’m waiting for delivery of an inexpensive automatic pilot watch from Escapement Time - delivery from China takes a while.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Having some strap options is also fun to mix things up.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 40 15.1%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 42 15.8%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Carmina

Votes: 42 15.8%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 50 18.9%
  • Other

Votes: 81 30.6%