• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ooh close but no cigar for me! Great looking sixties retro style there.

Hash mark overkill on both the bezel and the dial plus - and I say this as the owner of a Daytona and the possible future owner of a Moonwatch - a tach scale has got to be the most pointless and unused feature on a watch.

Still a nice looking bit of kit but not enough to tempt me to go snooping.
No doubt that the dial is a bit busy, which makes it more flashy and definitely more casual than your Daytona or the Moonwatch. I own several Speedys and love them, but this is their younger, more fun little brother who wants to hang out with his friends at night spots while the Speedmaster stays home, calculating orbital trajectories.
The blue dial on this Christopher Ward recalls my blue Tokyo 2020 panda Speedmaster a bit. This will never replace my beloved Speedmasters, but it sure is a casual and fun addition to the stable, and I chose the leather strap over the stainless steel bracelet for that reason. And I think it tones down the flashiness a bit.
Oh, and the ETA movement is gaining 2.2 spd.:fonz:

jayvee

Reaction score

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's like I want to catch the Seiko bug and buy more of their watches. But, this Mini Turtle is pretty much perfection for me....3 o'clock crown, DOM with cyclops but no DOW complication, even the bracelet it came with is nice, at least nicer than any Seiko I've previously owned, cool Turtle case shape, perfect size, still looks chunky on my smallish wrist, but just shy of being too big, unique looking pips compared to other Seikos, but still unmistakably a Seiko. I think I'm good here. Only thing that would motivate me to get another is if they came out with a smaller version of the Tuna.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That may be the first Alpinist I actually like the looks of. Nice.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lmao what a poor...wait...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.