• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the $1K limit set almost 10 years ago, I figure inflation, at the very least, gives us some wiggle room, especially if it's under $2K. I know I have some watches purchased 5 years ago that were under $1K when purchased new (and posted here), but now new versions sell in the $1K - $1,500 range.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of late model Sumos with matchy-match shoes. Posting before Seiko raises the prices out of PMWT territory.

View attachment 1465771

View attachment 1465770

Oddly enough, different days, but same trousers.
I’ve been selling off watches lately to thin out my collection but I’ve been really tempted by some of the new Sumos. I’ve already got 3 though and it’s hard to justify another. The SPB179 caught my eye recently:

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been selling off watches lately to thin out my collection but I’ve been really tempted by some of the new Sumos. I’ve already got 3 though and it’s hard to justify another. The SPB179 caught my eye recently:
Dammit! I wasn't even aware of that one!

Gotta call Rob at Toppers now. Still just eeking in the PMWT limit...

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dammit! I wasn't even aware of that one!

Gotta call Rob at Toppers now. Still just eeking in the PMWT limit...
Your enthusiasm pushed me over the edge! Mine should be on my wrist early next week.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Okay I guess it's time to ask for recs. Can any Casio fans point me to a G-Shock like the DW-5600BB that's blacked out, but easier to read and good for smaller wrists?

leadbelly2550

Reaction score
EC4884FD-772D-4F73-A159-E8DDD26B6E3C.jpeg

8662A33A-1F67-4AB1-BEA5-BA37EA0F6E7F.jpeg

300m water resistant quartz, 45mm case. they sell the non-chrono versions with automatic movements, 43mm case on those. I like how the blue hints in the center of the dial fade to black at the edge. Arrived on a good rubber strap, which I swapped for the zulu. Great value proposition, mid-300s for quartz, mid 400s and up for autos, depending on whether you go strap or steel bracelet.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh