• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After about a year of hunting one down, this one finally arrived this past weekend: Seiko SBCM023. It’s very similar to my SKX007 but it’s got a few advantages (IMO) including a high accuracy quartz engine with a perpetual calendar, drilled lugs, and a 39mm size compared to the 42mm of the SKX. Hardlex crystal isn’t a deal killer for me, but if this one had an AR-coated sapphire

8016E64F-DBA0-4934-83C5-DE3F19861F47.jpeg
View attachment 1311773View attachment 1311774

Attachments

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello. New here and I hope this is the correct thread for this brand/type of watch.

I acquired a Seiko SKX007-J several years back after reading up on them. I like the quality of Japanese automatic movements and didn't want to just settle on a current Malaysia made model. I watched eBay, eventually got the right one and really enjoy it. After that I instantly wanted the SKX009-J Pepsi. I watched eBay off and on for about 3 years before grabbing a nice one from a US seller back in late December.

seiko.JPG

It came with the standard rubber dive strap. I knew I wanted a stainless oyster band and was most likely going to get a Strapcode one. I then learned about Unkle Seiko and his company, who offer Seiko accessories. I had read of their quality and saw some pictorials on other forums, then pulled the trigger on one of his Super Oyster bands. Shipping was fast and the quality is quite good. Great precision machining on the solid end links.

I managed to put the band on fine with tools, but getting the link pins out to reduce size was beyond my tooling. I took it down to a good watch shop where they adjusted it in a few mins for cheap. Fit is great now and I'm really happy with how comfortable it is. I love the finish quality and details like the U logo on the clasp.

seiko-2.JPG

Thanks for having me. :cheers:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello. New here and I hope this is the correct thread for this brand/type of watch.

I acquired a Seiko SKX007-J several years back after reading up on them. I like the quality of Japanese automatic movements and didn't want to just settle on a current Malaysia made model. I watched eBay, eventually got the right one and really enjoy it. After that I instantly wanted the SKX009-J Pepsi. I watched eBay off and on for about 3 years before grabbing a nice one from a US seller back in late December.

View attachment 1312197

It came with the standard rubber dive strap. I knew I wanted a stainless oyster band and was most likely going to get a Strapcode one. I then learned about Unkle Seiko and his company, who offer Seiko accessories. I had read of their quality and saw some pictorials on other forums, then pulled the trigger on one of his Super Oyster bands. Shipping was fast and the quality is quite good. Great precision machining on the solid end links.

I managed to put the band on fine with tools, but getting the link pins out to reduce size was beyond my tooling. I took it down to a good watch shop where they adjusted it in a few mins for cheap. Fit is great now and I'm really happy with how comfortable it is. I love the finish quality and details like the U logo on the clasp.

View attachment 1312198

Thanks for having me. :cheers:
Welcome and I’m glad to read you’re enjoying your Uncle Seiko bracelet. I’ve got a couple tropic rubber straps from them and think they are one of the best values out there. I’ve found bracelets from Strapcode to be sort of hit or miss in terms of fit and finish quality. Maybe I’ll check out Uncle Seiko next time I’m in the market for one.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome and I’m glad to read you’re enjoying your Uncle Seiko bracelet. I’ve got a couple tropic rubber straps from them and think they are one of the best values out there. I’ve found bracelets from Strapcode to be sort of hit or miss in terms of fit and finish quality. Maybe I’ll check out Uncle Seiko next time I’m in the market for one.
My experience has been the same. I basically don't bother with them any more. And for the most part, I find Seiko OEM bracelets to be just fine.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SBCZ005 “Grey Ghost” kinetic diver today.

08F4D550-B342-4139-92CC-A7D5A2EA8109.jpeg
906151FD-BDCB-4829-BF8A-C3E3C703CE11.jpeg

My experience has been the same. I basically don't bother with them any more. And for the most part, I find Seiko OEM bracelets to be just fine.
I agree about Seiko OEM bracelets working fine. The one exception I’ve found was the bracelet that you could get for the Seiko Alpinist - it felt cheap and flimsy and had no micro adjust. If I still had that watch and wanted a bracelet for it, I’d definitely go aftermarket

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The more I look at this, the more I think it's a pretty little watch.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Same. I got used to the trash 5 bracelets and was expecting to have to fork over some money for a solid 316 oyster when I got my Baby Turtle, but, the OEM is surprisingly decent. Solid end links are good enough for me.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The more I look at this, the more I think it's a pretty little watch.

Really killer watch; I owned one for a couple of years, but after a while, didn't reach for it too often, so I sold it to a friend who really loved it.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 59 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 114 33.6%
  • 8”

Votes: 102 30.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.6%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.1%