• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to have a watch regulated for accuracy even if it’s currently running within its original stated rating (for example, if the original rating was +25/-15 seconds per day, and it’s currently running at -13, can I have it regulated to be within +10/-10 a day)?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yep. My Amphibia was something like -30 when I got it and had it regulated and was +5/day until it finally went kaput.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep. My Amphibia was something like -30 when I got it and had it regulated and was +5/day until it finally went kaput.
Thanks. Where would I bring it to get regulated?
Also (and excuse my ignorance), if a cheap movement could be regulated to +5, why don’t all watch companies regulate their watches to be more accurate?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also (and excuse my ignorance), if a cheap movement could be regulated to +5, why don’t all watch companies regulate their watches to be more accurate?
Most watchmakers should be able to regulate your movement.

Manufacturers don't do it because it takes time and time is money and that would raise the price of the watch. They've done the math and have decided they can make more money selling a poorly regulated movement for a lower price than they can by paying for the additional labor to regulate the movements and raising the prices.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You'll need to find a watch repair guy. In my case, it came down to poor quality control on these Vostok watches. It was inaccurate and eventually stopped due to something in the movement being bent so it cost me 100 dollars to have repaired, and they went ahead and regulated it for me.

The watch itself cost me 60 and I spent 100 fixing it heh....so when it stopped again a few weeks ago, I decided to toss it as I'm not throwing any more good money after bad. At least I got about 4 years of good service from it.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BTW, my Seiko 5s are much better in that regard it seems so far. I got my most recent, my SNK803, on 8/19 and have yet to have to adjust it.

Every week I had to back my Vostok up a minute or two, and that was after regulating.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey Seiko bois,

Any recs on a nice solid link 316L oyster with curved end-links that would fit nicely on a SNK80X?

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.