• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey, if you could get one diver for everyday wear, would you go for a black or blue dial?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, if you could get one diver for everyday wear, would you go for a black or blue dial?
In most cases, I'd rather have black but I'd consider blue if it was a dark enough, subtle enough shade.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I read that black is more versatile, but generally, I avoid black in my ensembles so I'm not sure that applies in my case.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I'm leaning towards blue....but am unsure still.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Enjoying the brown strap I just bought my for my Seiko 5. Hell, enjoying the 5 in general more than I thought I would.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black. Period.

Black is versatile always, whereas most blue is picky as hell, and any blue dark enough to be good might as well be black.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have both a blue dial diver and a black dial diver. There has never been an occasion where I even once thought that the watch did not go with what I was wearing because of the dial color. The fact that one is more of a tool watch and the other one is more dressy impacts which one I grab much more often.

double00

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I think this may be the first watch picture on this thread that involves sitting on the toilet with pants around the ankles as part of the picture. There was a time not so long ago in which this would have become the post of the day.
lol super! my only question is are we timing the dump (chrono?) or simply checking the date?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was actually just admiring the checkered dial. My dump was finished by then. It doesn't take me long when I eat cabbage.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but javyn asked, "If only one...."
Correct. I was disagreeing with your suggestion that black is a more versatile color for a dial and blue is difficult to match to apparel. I find a blue or black dial color to be an irrelevant consideration when picking what I wear or which watch I want to grab.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.