• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

emptym

Reaction score
Finally, outdoors shot. I need 19mm straps...

View attachment 1199059View attachment 1199060
Very nice. I've been wearing the same watch on a bracelet.

Edit: Here's an old pic w/ a Vulcain. I mostly wear them in the summer since they're pretty light and breezy.

I had an almost identical Bellmatic serviced by the US Seiko center. They broke a lug off, admitted they did it, but didn't want to take responsibility for it.

Last edited:

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should’ve mentioned that I don’t want an Orient either. I’m looking for a watch that looks like these but in a true micro brand.

I find it interesting that there are micro brand watches for just about every style watch. Except you don’t really find ones that look anything like Grand Seikos or Citizen Chronomasters.
Microbrands sell because they look unique. You may want to go Steinhart.

Lumaca

Reaction score
Very nice. I've been wearing the same watch on a bracelet.

Edit: Here's an old pic w/ a Vulcain. I mostly wear them in the summer since they're pretty light and breezy.View attachment 1200582
I had an almost identical Bellmatic serviced by the US Seiko center. They broke a lug off, admitted they did it, but didn't want to take responsibility for it.
The guy who sold me the Bellmatic is a huge alarm watch collector. I had the privilege to see a couple of Vulcains, complete with boxes AND original straps. They were outrageously loud!

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Microbrands sell because they look unique. You may want to go Steinhart.
Yes some sell because they look unique. But others sell because they make their own version of popular styles (homage or borderline homage watches), with impressive details and specs - for much less than the watches they are inspired by.

Genericuser1

Reaction score
Yes some sell because they look unique. But others sell because they make their own version of popular styles (homage or borderline homage watches), with impressive details and specs - for much less than the watches they are inspired by.
This is why I got my Deep Blue NATO Diver Instead of an SKX. Sapphire, hand winding, hacking, for less money and more dial options.

Reiver

Reaction score
Thanks. Yes, it came on a cheap seiko bracelet and I swapped it out for a Hirsch smooth leather strap right away.
The shade of brown looks great against the blue dial

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.