• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The more I see the 1963 chrono, the more I think I want to add one to my collection. I need something to hold me over until my next Rolex.

I love the look of the watch but mine broke. New it would sometimes just stop. Now the number 6 has fallen off and is rattling around loos in there. It is a shame because it is such a great looking watch. I wish someone would make a homage of this watch. Something that actually was more expensive than the original.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thinking about picking up this watch, rather than the weekender or the easy reader.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
double post....

Last edited:

chrisjr

Reaction score

The edges of the face do not go past the edges of my wrist (and my wrists are thin). My only comment is that it seems a touch tall. But you get used to it quickly.

Still haven't got used to how tall the Parnis is. Hasn't fit under any of the cuffs I've worn it with. Love the look of it though, and can't wait to replace the strap with a brown leather band. :slayer:

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just joined this forum but I'm a huge WIS. I searched for a watch pr0n thread but it seems like this is the only watch thread? Anyway, here are my two favorite watches.

Rolex Explorer II (3186 movement)

1952 Omega Seamaster (354 bumper movement) on DiModell lizard.

Last edited:

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just joined this forum but I'm a huge WIS. I searched for a watch pr0n thread but it seems like this is the only watch thread? Anyway, here are my two favorite watches.

Rolex Explorer II (3186 movement)

1952 Omega Seamaster (354 bumper movement) on DiModell lizard.

With watches like that, you'd do better in the watch p0rn thread.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market for something round with a brown leather strap.
Simple face, maybe the date but not bothered about second or divisions dial.
Have seen one in the AG Spalding & Bros line

This retails locally for 190euro

Can anyone recommend something similar. Maybe up to $250/£200.

Last edited:

jawboneofa

Reaction score
It took a while, but my Parnis finally came...I quickly replaced the included strap with this leather NATO from a Hong Kong ebayer...the face looks cream, but it's actually whiter than it seems.

Last edited:

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It took a while, but my Parnis finally came...I quickly replaced the included strap with this leather NATO from a Hong Kong ebayer...the face looks cream, but it's actually whiter than it seems.

Looks nice. How's the quality? I'm weary of buying a Parnis because of their cost. Is it manual wind? automatic? quartz?

jawboneofa

Reaction score
^^ Several guys who are a lot more knowledgeable about watches than I am have commented a few pages ago on the quality of Parnis. I can tell you that I have to wind it manually after a couple of days, though it seems to have a movement that winds the watch when I move around (not sure if that's a good use of the term "movement"). It seems to keep decent time, too. Apparently some of them are Seagull movements, some aren't. I couldn't tell you why one is better than the other, but the consensus seems to be that Seagull=better.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads