• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don Murray

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of a kind of modular watch? Make it an easily accessible case, and you can swap faces, hands, bezels, and straps fairy easily. Will probably need to be quartz for ease, but could be kinda fun.
Yes! I remember seeing something like that by Fortis. Let's see... ah here.
https://wornandwound.com/fortis-flips-fun-fortis-colors/
Looks like they may be discontinued, actually

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of a kind of modular watch? Make it an easily accessible case, and you can swap faces, hands, bezels, and straps fairy easily. Will probably need to be quartz for ease, but could be kinda fun.
There are a few upstarts offering this. But I forgot their names and they're probably gone now. Eh no there is one ad in IG I forgot the name that's still around.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes! I remember seeing something like that by Fortis. Let's see... ah here.
https://wornandwound.com/fortis-flips-fun-fortis-colors/
Looks like they may be discontinued, actually
I had a ‘Flipper’ watch (made by Fortis) just like those. You popped out the watch from the combined strap/frame/bezel and popped it into another of a different colour. I had several colours. I loved wearing them back when I was in school. The straps and bezels were plastic and not very durable.

More recently I saw a whole kit on eBay in an attache case with straps in many colours. I was tempted to get it but since my taste in watches has stepped up a notch or two since those days I realised that after the ‘trip down memory lane’ novelty wore off the whole kit would probably sit in the cupboard gathering dust.

Around that time you could get something similar but probably higher quality in women’s watches which came with a selection of different coloured enamel bezels.

bamgrinus

Reaction score
I've had an itch lately for a pilot watch. I'm curious what brands people would recommend I look at.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a vintage tropic rubber strap with the plan of putting it on a an old Heuer Super Pro I’ve got that I need one more link for it to fit really comfortably. Unfortunately, I mis-remembered the lug width on that one and the strap was too small (it’s 18mm, I needed 20mm).

No worries, I’m sure I could find something appropriate in the collection to put it on.

Enter the Heuer Night Diver! I’ve got the original jubilee-style bracelet with the signed clasp for this one and it’s very comfortable but I don’t wear this often because it really needs a new crystal or at least a very good polishing or cleaning as it’s sort of clouded up over the years. The rubber strap looks great on it and it’s very comfy, maybe this will be the catalyst I need to get me to take this one to the watchmaker.

EA1AB59B-805C-460E-823B-71793967281D.jpeg

A85B58D9-E370-4572-8689-33BFE532865B.jpeg

A4D72ECA-AB44-4832-9801-95834CFA59AA.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.