• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's thinking like that which makes you awesome.

White on white would be most interesting and I don't think you have thet combo yet.
Way too much time on my hands.....of course it would be a stainless buckle
sary2.JPG

Lumaca

Reaction score
Interesting! Definitely no date, though I have a pervy soft spot for 4:30 dates...
The Timex is nice looking, but 34mm is small. I do wear watches of vintage proportions,, but this one has to be bigger.
Mmm bambino has date, so do most 5s... vintage Lord Matic/Marvel/Grand/King?

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG-20190217-WA0019.jpg
IMG-20190217-WA0024.jpg

Trying out some new straps. Notice the more unusual stitching.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new toy

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it is considered a faux pas to mention this here, but I'm trying to thin out my collection a bit, so am disposing of an elegant Tissot Bridgeport automatic with 80 hour power reserve. In case anyone is looking for a poor man's dressy watch, this would be a good fit. High quality, very underrated. I like it but find that I don't wear it much.
full

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/what-im-selling-on-ebay-member-auctions.177939/page-622

Last edited:

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife has heard me mention that the iwc mk xv is my lottery watch a few times.

Tonight over dinner, celebrating our 10th anniversary, she surprised me with a watch. Unfortunately, it was the ugly Spitfire. It was still a very generous and sweet gift, but I’m returning that first thing tomorrow.

I personally think the Spitfire is a really lovely watch. My girl isn't interested in watches or men's style at all, but I'd be over the moon if she even attempted to get me a watch haha.

Did you end up returning it?

I love cheap watches, I tend to fall in love with different styles and I change them out very frequently that it's hard to save up money for a single super high-end watch when companies like Orient make fantastic watches at a great price.

Below is my current collection (from left to right):

Silver Orient Bambino V1 w. White Dial and Silver Hands
Silver Orient Producer w. Black Dial and Silver Hands
Silver Orient Bambino V2 w. White Dial and Rose Gold Hands
Grey Orient Defender
Orient Ray II w. Black Dial
Helgray Le Mans in Rose Gold

Lq5SuD6.jpg

I'm looking into getting a host of new straps for these. With the exception of the Ray II and Le Mans (both on Natos now), the rest are all on the stock straps still.

There's also a bunch of watches that I'd love to get in the future:

Seiko Presage Cocktail Time
Oris 65 Bronze Bezel Divera
Oris Big Crown Day Date (that lovely pastel blue one)
Orient Ray II USA w. White Dial
Brew Retrograph
Steinhart OMV 39

My currently unobtainable watch is probably the Tudor Black Bay haha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics