• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lumaca

Reaction score
Dear Gentelmen,

I am poor at my pocket but rich in my heart.

From a recent time ago I use to look at this forum and this theard trying to hunt my first watch (but my second love) for my right hand.
Like I said I cannot afford the longiness I use to watch at the shopfront but I still remain a few aspirations, for sure automatic no matter if it is as simple as me.

Any valuable recommendation?

Some expensive examples: (sorry about the size photos)
61Y%2BUsBnbNL._UX466_.jpg

baume-and-mercier-classima-executives-steel-xl-men_s-watch-08692.jpg
AB015212-BF26-154A.png

1. I don't think any of these is under $1000
2. What are you looking for? The watches you posted were very diverse to say the least. Do you want a sports chronograph? A pure dress watch? Maybe if you posted the longines that was your dream watch it would ne easier to make a suggestion?

Dandy_dapper

Reaction score
1. I don't think any of these is under $1000
2. What are you looking for? The watches you posted were very diverse to say the least. Do you want a sports chronograph? A pure dress watch? Maybe if you posted the longines that was your dream watch it would ne easier to make a suggestion?

Yeah, you're right. They were too diverse, I want to show different options about what I could want. For me a chrono will be perfect but they use to be more expensive, so this is why I understand that a pure dress watch will be fine. The examples were to expensive but I dont want to pay that much, under 250 it´s my idea. I´d prefer a good & simple watch than a pretentious one; with blue, black or white dial doesnt matter.
So many thanks!

WilYa

Reaction score
Yeah, you're right. They were too diverse, I want to show different options about what I could want. For me a chrono will be perfect but they use to be more expensive, so this is why I understand that a pure dress watch will be fine. The examples were to expensive but I dont want to pay that much, under 250 it´s my idea. I´d prefer a good & simple watch than a pretentious one; with blue, black or white dial doesnt matter.
So many thanks!
Where are you based? There are plenty of independent Chinese makers if you by chance have access.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I needed a cheap watch I chose Timex because it's more than an unexpensive timepiece: it's actually a piece of American history.
It's more than 150 years old and the founder of the factory had this precise aim: to offer Americans a good and affordable watch.
I'm happy to know that what I wear has an history - non matter how much it costs.

Full disclosure: I cannot afford a really expensive watch and I'm not dismissing other brands: simply, Timex watches had to my eyes the appeal of an history.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
History is a part of why I find Seiko so appealing, so I get where you're coming from.
I didn't know about Seiko (my fault) and after reading your post I did some research. They have a good story indeed. Thank you for pointing this out! :cheers:

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok next decision. Thinking about putting my SARB033 on a brown shell strap. Firstly, would love to get some thoughts from you guys on that idea. And if I do put it on brown shell, should I go with a padded or flat strap?

EA870282-DAA8-4D8D-AFF6-95B5960FD1EF.jpeg
B3D2F3C6-F56A-426C-B082-77C1D64A6667.jpeg
CE91C94E-6037-4111-930A-9CDBE7850865.jpeg

Lumaca

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads