• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1011980

20180731_074753.jpg

green_machine

Reaction score
I've been trying to build this watch for a while now. Kind of an ultimate skx. It' an skx171 dial and hands with an nh36(4r36) movement, new kanji black day wheel, new black date wheel, sarb signed crown, domed sapphire crystal all in a brand new skx case...

While building this, I got a great deal on a blue sumo and threw on a sapphire crystal on it after scratching the crystal the first day. I can't believe how much I love this watch. I don't think I've even worn another watch for the past month.

20180731_131849.jpg
20180731_131923.jpg

Fandegrue

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm new here, so I thought I would introduce myself. I already did so on the other watch thread, but there is no harm in doing it here as well (especially since most of my collection is made up of affordables). My name is Robin, I'm 23 and I have been collecting watches since the age of 14 (got bitten by the bug fairly early on). It's more than a hobby for me; it is genuinely an obsession. Most of my work experiences are actually in the field (Christie's, the French Chamber of Watchmaking, the China Horologe Association...), and now that postgrad is over, the natural step to all this is that...

...I am creating my own watch brand! It's a bit peculiar; I have a thread here on Styleforum (see signature), so you may want to check it out.

Over the past nine years, I have amassed a bit more than 50 watches (still cannot readily realise how it all occurred), and personal favourites of mine are the Zenith EP I had for my 18th birthday and a Royal Orient Grand Prix from the mid-1960s that I bought last summer in Kyoto. But apart from the Zenith, I mainly have sub-$1000 pieces (a lot of Chinese watches, more precisely).

20727710.jpg

attachment.php

As for today, I am wearing a Seagull :)

wechat34.jpg

wechat35.jpg

And that's today's local scenery :)

wechat36.jpg

The watch doesn't fit too much with it, but, oh, well...

Have a nice day/evening!

Robin.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

johnvw

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm new here, so I thought I would introduce myself. I already did so on the other watch thread, but there is no harm in doing it here as well (especially since most of my collection is made up of affordables). My name is Robin, I'm 23 and I have been collecting watches since the age of 14 (got bitten by the bug fairly early on). It's more than a hobby for me; it is genuinely an obsession. Most of my work experiences are actually in the field (Christie's, the French Chamber of Watchmaking, the China Horologe Association...), and now that postgrad is over, the natural step to all this is that...

...I am creating my own watch brand! It's a bit peculiar; I have a thread here on Styleforum (see signature), so you may want to check it out.

Over the past nine years, I have amassed a bit more than 50 watches (still cannot readily realise how it all occurred), and personal favourites of mine are the Zenith EP I had for my 18th birthday and a Royal Orient Grand Prix from the mid-1960s that I bought last summer in Kyoto. But apart from the Zenith, I mainly have sub-$1000 pieces (a lot of Chinese watches, more precisely).

20727710.jpg

attachment.php

As for today, I am wearing a Seagull :)

wechat34.jpg

wechat35.jpg

And that's today's local scenery :)

wechat36.jpg

The watch doesn't fit too much with it, but, oh, well...

Have a nice day/evening!

Robin.

What brand and model is the watch in the top picture?

All the best with your watchmaking venture!

Fandegrue

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Switzerland??:colgate:

Close! It was in Les Arcs, in Savoie, in France. But I felt that the watch was not that appropriate because it is fairly dressy and I spent the day hiking around :)

What brand and model is the watch in the top picture?

All the best with your watchmaking venture!

Thank you! The final prototypes should be ready end of next week, so hopefully I'll soon be able to post wristshot with them here :) As for what I was wearing, it is a Seagull 819.383, which I bought in Singapore. I'm quite satisfied with it; the ST25 movement is very accurate and sturdy (I would just wish for a higher frequency), and the dial has a very nice depth. Of course, it's not true guilloché, but still the whole is very clean and attractive. Only downside I would say is the strap, which is a few notches below what Seagull used to produce 5-6 years ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads