• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20180322_101103.jpg

20180322_101018.jpg

I picked this guy up at a government seized auction sale a few years back for very low $. Pretty fond of it, gorgeous blue. I assume this was made before Samsung bought the "android" name. Don't know much about this brand and whatever came of it.

Last edited:

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For sale Raymond Weil Parsifal in mint condition. 39mm Diameter. RW Crock strap. In house movement decorated with cote de geneve and swirly things and all bridges are grained=so fully decorated movement even hidden parts. Both sides Sapphire crystals with double anti-glare coating. The dial is actually very dark navy blue. Watch comes with authentication from RW and is verified and registered in RW database with model-serial numbers.

0abbfb15-b151-40b8-8dd6-3258649382f7.jpg

742dd474-3254-44d7-b33a-9e33f5f86e91.jpg

e9a62045-e433-466d-9e93-0004fd6c673e.jpg

f85b1add-855d-415b-d4c4-fe56312db0fb.jpg

IMG_20180310_101109.jpg

IMG_20180310_101056.jpg

IMG_20180310_100923.jpg

RW.jpg

Last edited:

swooshmac

Reaction score
Sorry, late reply here.

Really, you have qualms about Sellita? I regard them the same as ETA movements (they essentially ARE the same exact thing) and Sellitas can be found in watches much more expensive than the Oris.

If the Oris had an ETA 2824, would you have the same hesitation?
to me Sellita and ETA lower movements are the same. that's my 2 cents.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Here we go:

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

Sadly, I think I'm going to flip this one. I love everything about it, but it just wears too small on me for my taste. If anyone in the U.S. is interested, PM me. It's in brand new condition, only wore it around the house a few times. Purchased from WatchBuys, the official U.S. dealer for Sinn watches.

Last edited:

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sadly, I think I'm going to flip this one. I love everything about it, but it just wears too small on me for my taste.

Hold on to it for a couple of years. Once the oversize watch craze burns itself out, you'll be glad you kept it.

McKriss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. This is the first I've heard of Sellita reliability complaints. If true, I'd like to know more. Occasionally there are "elitists" who snub their nose at Sellita, but from what I've garnered, fair-minded experts and aficionados say such snubbing is entirely unwarranted, and ETA and Sellita should be held in the same regard. If anything, I've read many accounts that Sellitas tend to be more accurate than their ETA counterparts. My latest watch, a Sinn 856, has a Sellita and so far is proving to be my most accurate watch by far (about +1 second per day so far.) Although the Sinn 856 has one of the better Sellita movements (top grade SW300), and accuracy and reliability are of course different things.

You make a fair point about the price.

I'm quoting several comments made by Federico Iossa on his horology focused YouTube channel. I'm not out of love with the watch, but I will likely seek a route to tilt the pricing scale a little bit my way.
Btw, Jody Musgrove just made a video review, worth checking out on his channel.

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
@SJR3 Great Sinn, i really like the model you own and their Sinn 104 st sa. Seems like a aweful lot of watch for the value.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Talking of bang for the buck... this quartz (which I have been tracking over all sales fora for years) just came on eBay just outside PMW range:

s-l1600.jpg

I wonder how much more they will appreciate before I can finally get my hands on one... and why Seiko no longer produces anything like it!

Still no trace of the newer SARB059 anywhere.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Talking of bang for the buck... this quartz (which I have been tracking over all sales fora for years) just came on eBay just outside PMW range:

s-l1600.jpg

I wonder how much more they will appreciate before I can finally get my hands on one... and why Seiko no longer produces anything like it!

Still no trace of the newer SARB059 anywhere.

Better quit stalking and pull the trigger.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads