• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

asdf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TurboTropic
Alpha Milsub $42 + Nato strap $18 = A pretty nice watch

CIMG0379.jpg

I rock the exact same, sometimes also with a red/blue nato.
fistbump.gif

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TurboTropic
Alpha Milsub $42 + Nato strap $18 = A pretty nice watch
CIMG0379.jpg

That watch looks like a fake rolex, why settle for a replica... people will glance at your watch and think it is a rolex and then they take a closer look and see it is a fake, why not get the real thing?

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iroh
That watch looks like a fake rolex, why settle for a replica... people will glance at your watch and think it is a rolex and then they take a closer look and see it is a fake, why not get the real thing?

facepalm.gif
I am intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your dating in Los Angeles newsletter.

alexanduh

Reaction score
why we get the replica and not the real? this is the poor mans watch thread my friend.

Daseinflaw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alexanduh
why we get the replica and not the real? this is the poor mans watch thread my friend.

Well I think he means, why not get a watch that is reputable on its own instead of one that intentionally looks like another higher-class watch.

RTenenbaum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by justinsmnz
Grey extra thick NATO

IMG_9289copy.jpg

IMG_9285copy.jpg

This looks great. I was under the impression that Skagens had their own weird strap system and you couldn't use a NATO with them. What size strap did you use, and what model Skagen is that?

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Vostok came in today.
AWmxzl.jpg

justinsmnz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RTenenbaum
This looks great. I was under the impression that Skagens had their own weird strap system and you couldn't use a NATO with them. What size strap did you use, and what model Skagen is that?

Originally Posted by linkinwayne
Beautiful. I need this in my life. I'd like to know the model too

Model # is 241LSLC. I believe it's been discontinued, but I see them on Ebay from time to time. I got mine for under 50 bucks shipped with a last second bid.

Both of the Skagens I've got take a 20mm strap, but you're right about most of them using unique strap systems. This one was a pain to get the stock pins/strap off of, but I replaced the pins with a set of quick-release pins. I tend to rotate a number of leather and nato straps each morning.

ColonialBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Daseinflaw
Well I think he means, why not get a watch that is reputable on its own instead of one that intentionally looks like another higher-class watch.
There are numerous homages to other watch brands, alpha is notorious for this but seiko does it as well. The dont claim to be the original. The most common fake watch on the net at the moment is probably the Tissot PRC 200.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That above Alpha looks about as much like a Rolex as any other diver watch does. Silly comment.
Originally Posted by ColonialBoy
There are numerous homages to other watch brands, alpha is notorious for this but seiko does it as well. The dont claim to be the original.
+1 agreed. For those who don't like homages (we're not talking replicas here), then stay out of this thread. You're not needed here.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mwvL6l.jpg

sXYuXl.jpg

Slightly higher resolution on my new Vostok.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justinsmnz
Model # is 241LSLC. I believe it's been discontinued, but I see them on Ebay from time to time. I got mine for under 50 bucks shipped with a last second bid.

Both of the Skagens I've got take a 20mm strap, but you're right about most of them using unique strap systems. This one was a pain to get the stock pins/strap off of, but I replaced the pins with a set of quick-release pins. I tend to rotate a number of leather and nato straps each morning.

What's the movement? Quart?

justinsmnz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
What's the movement? Quart?

Yeah, most Skagen's are Quartz. I don't have any experience with their automatics, but I've been looking into them recently.

Though I don't necessarily have a problem with them being Quartz since the slimness of the design outshines the movement for my tiny wrists.
laugh.gif

ColonialBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DJackson
All, I apologize if I am trampling the poor out of poor man's watch. However I still consider the various watches above entry level in a sense. Anyways, that's not my point. My point is, here is an awesome Seiko you could wear on the weekend and it cost's under $200
03052008048pt2.jpg

bonus: not a knockoff/homage?

Unfortunately the case is kind of huge at 46mm and I have a feeling the band in this photo likely costs more than the watch but there's nothing wrong with putting a cheaper strap or band on it. It's a Seiko SNKF11K... googling it some more...
I have a watch problem
confused.gif

I was looking at at something similar earlier this year but settled on SNZF17K1 "Sea Urchin". You can go wrong with the SNZ series.

W0tSw.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads