• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
I assume originals. Metlin?

Oh yes. I believe that Tianjin Seagull was tasked with designing the originals, and they also make the reissues.

justinsmnz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
No chance in hell I'm going to that kind of work on SF. Dozens of photos per page in certain threads.

True, but if you're interested in seeing it then you've got the option now.
laugh.gif

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnsNotHere
+1 Quartz right? Almost bought one of those myself

Yeah, it's a cheap quartz. But it was affordable and as close in style to the Lange I was craving. Some day I will buy the real thing, but for now this will do.
smile.gif

Daseinflaw

Reaction score
n.jpg
A true "poor man's" watch. This is has served me well over the years.

QBNCGAR

Reaction score
Hello all (blame Digmenow for my presence if you must).
smile.gif

A while back I was in this boat - wanted a nice watch but still have a psychological hurdle to clear in terms of how much to spend on a daily wear item and the lack of demand in my life for getting properly dressed up. Settled on this from Zappos, which despite obvious flaws I still quite like nearly a year on. About $225.

Attachment 64769

alexanduh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Restart
This is just lovely! Oh how would I love to own these. Too bad they are using a cheap Miyota 1L22 movement.

whats so crud about the movement?

Restart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alexanduh
whats so crud about the movement?

You can buy the movement itself on eBay for 10 bucks, that's 150 for the shell and the strap.

glowell222

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Restart
This is just lovely! Oh how would I love to own these. Too bad they are using a cheap Miyota 1L22 movement.

The website states it is a 40mm diameter and that the crown is so small, it would be a nightmare to deal with.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 6 inch wrist and I was maybe getting a Seiko Orange Monster, would my wrist be too small for this watch? Does anyone with small wrists have this watch and care to share whether it fits properly and show pictures?

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iroh
I have a 6 inch wrist and I was maybe getting a Seiko Orange Monster, would my wrist be too small for this watch? Does anyone with small wrists have this watch and care to share whether it fits properly and show pictures?

I don't have particularly large wrists either, and the watch looks fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads