Poor man's watch thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SirGrotius, Feb 4, 2011.

1. DJackson

DJackson Well-Known Member

oh and i actually like the bracelet on the stowa. adds character IMO.

Hey thanks. I don't know why, but there's just something about the way the mesh bracelet looks with the Stowa that makes me love this watch even more. Maybe it's lost in the pics but I haven't even looked at the original bracelet since I got the mesh.

2. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

I think the Milanaise bracelet looks good here, even better on the Stowa Antea IMO.

3. Metlin

Metlin Senior member

Hey Metlin, you're gonna like this watch, it 's a fun little piece. It's a steal of a watch for the price.
    Wear it well.

Thanks, CC! In fact, it was one of your pictures that pushed me past the tipping point. [​IMG]

4. DJackson

[​IMG]

yes or no?

975 euros

Hey gwolf, based on gut feeling alone (i.e. looks [​IMG]) and in the spirit of a poor man's watch (it's more affordable than the Archimede) may I kindly suggest Mido's Commander Chronograph. Mido also has some other very nice watches. Here is a thread with not so much useful content but some decent eye candy. watchuseek.com

And here's a quick photo since the pics in the link above don't show a leather strap (imagine it with a black face). Whew that thick crystal is sweet:
    [​IMG]

5. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Not bad at all.

6. DJackson

All, I apologize if I am trampling the poor out of poor man's watch. However I still consider the various watches above entry level in a sense. Anyways, that's not my point. My point is, here is an awesome Seiko you could wear on the weekend and it cost's under $200 [​IMG] bonus: not a knockoff/homage? Unfortunately the case is kind of huge at 46mm and I have a feeling the band in this photo likely costs more than the watch but there's nothing wrong with putting a cheaper strap or band on it. It's a Seiko SNKF11K... googling it some more... I have a watch problem[​IMG]

7. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

^ You need to use someone other than Imageshack for your pictures. They don't remote link to SF anymore. There's a thread at the top of the forum in relation to this.

8. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

I'm enjoying this thread... it gives some joy that I can have a nice watch some day.

9. DJackson

^ Thank you, fixed.

10. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

I'm enjoying this thread... it gives some joy that I can have a nice watch some day.

Yes, this is why I fell in love with wristwatch. I have options in each price range, and can't go wrong with either. I know I mention this already, but my blue spark deserve a new strap soon [​IMG]

11. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Yes, this is why I fell in love with wristwatch. I have options in each price range, and can't go wrong with either.

+1

12. Metlin

Metlin Senior member

Yes, this is why I fell in love with wristwatch. I have options in each price range, and can't go wrong with either. I know I mention this already, but my blue spark deserve a new strap soon [​IMG]

Maybe it just deserves a new owner? One who is desperate for it? [​IMG]

13. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Maybe it just deserves a new owner? One who is desperate for it? [​IMG]

x2

Rub it in why don't you [​IMG]

14. wetnose

wetnose Senior member

Can anyone suggest an automatic with a cream colored face, with black or dark blue hands? I have the SCVS015, and this other watch would be the yang to its yin.

15. gwolf

gwolf Senior member

^ what's scvs015? is that a seiko pilot? coz if not i remember seeing a cream pilot from seiko on khaki straps. stowa antea creme? the blue/ black hands are tough to find though. love cream watches. dj, nice mido! never see any around me though. the arch i can look at in the store. neways i'm not buying it. the money would be better spent saving up for an actual port. your stowa kinda reminds me of a doxa sub. [​IMG] just kinda.