• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cruster

Reaction score

Thinking about plucking this: Citizen Eco Drive about $180 to $225

I just like the minimalist white dial chrono with Arabic numbers. Any better alternatives in the same price range?

What model is that? Very handsome.

JackAndy

Reaction score
I really like that watch.I can't think of anything similar that would be better in that price range. I guess it depends on your style and what you're choosing the watch for.

I just like the minimalist white dial chrono with Arabic numbers. Any better alternatives in the same price range?

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

About those crown threads: In the past I wasnt as careful and it did CO$T me! If the WR is not  a big factor for you then I would definatley stay away from screw in crown models! I know there are some models around with 100m WR without the scerw in feature and I believe thats adequate!  

the key is to press the crown in, and rotate backwards until you hear/feel a click. that is when the threads align, and then you're good to go.

ant702

Reaction score
the key is to press the crown in, and rotate backwards until you hear/feel a click. that is when the threads align, and then you're good to go.
Yeah! That took me awhile to figure that out
smile.gif

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score

yvumegy9.jpg

ve9y5a2a.jpg

PAM Homage. 44mm

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks to posts like this my interest in getting one of these Pan homages/marina militare have cropped up again. For less than $100 they look pretty decent. I pretty much want to get one really close to this model. There's two similar ones, ones with a pretty standard looking crown, and one with that crown cover that looks like it has a switch?? It's basically just a crown-lock, correct? I've never had a watch with something like that, could someone give an opinion on a function like that, and would it be worth going for for fun or would it be better to just go for the standard crown?

ant702

Reaction score

You right it does look pretty classic! Personally, I stopped buying quartz analog and went straight to digital! But if you like it and its within your budget, why not
nod[1].gif

tubby34

Reaction score
Anyone know how to adjust the time on this citizen. I put it on as I walked out the door and just realized its off the mark. It was supposed to be 10:11 when the pic was taken.

Mr Martini

Reaction score
Anyone know how to adjust the time on this citizen. I put it on as I walked out the door and just realized its off the mark. It was supposed to be 10:11 when the pic was taken.
I think you pull the crown out half way, turn the crown until the bottom dial goes to time, press top button pull out crown and turn dial. Think thats right but not 100%

good looking watch though, heres mine

Last edited:

shimshimhae

Reaction score
Dunno if this is a little too 'poor man.'

College junior, bought my first automatic watch as a gift to myself for landing my summer internship. :)

kentyman

Reaction score

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Joining the club, love this watch on my leather nato.

tubby34

Reaction score
Thanks
I think you pull the crown out half way, turn the crown until the bottom dial goes to time, press top button pull out crown and turn dial. Think thats right but not 100% good looking watch though, heres mine
Thanks, I'm not really a citizen guy so I figured I'd test drive it. I looked at the watch and was baffled on how to correct it. The times right so that's good. Ill worry about the date another day. Thank you so much for helping out. Not even 15 minutes later someone asked the time and I didn't have to reach for my cell to tell them. Your watch is more suited for my tastes by the way.

Mr Martini

Reaction score
Joining the club, love this watch on my leather nato.

That is a beautiful watch! Is it an auto? The dark leather really makes it look great! any chance i can bother you for the model?
Thanks
Thanks, I'm not really a citizen guy so I figured I'd test drive it. I looked at the watch and was baffled on how to correct it. The times right so that's good. Ill worry about the date another day.

Thank you so much for helping out. Not even 15 minutes later someone asked the time and I didn't have to reach for my cell to tell them.

Your watch is more suited for my tastes by the way.
No problem i hope it worked. I got the watch about two weeks ago. Macys was having a sale on watches and with all the discounts i ended up walking out the door with it for only 230. Its a major pain ********** to set. And i don't understand what most of it does. I actually went in to get the gold one because i dont have any complete gold watches, but they didnt have it. The silver one looked great so i picked it up. From now on im sticking to simple watches though!

Last edited:

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is a beautiful watch! Is it an auto? The dark leather really makes it look great! any chance i can bother you for the model? 

Thank you, this is a Seiko SNXS77, a automatic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads