• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

    Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Heavyweight Tees Drop, going on right now.

    Uniform LA's popular heavyweight tees are now restocked, in three styles, so there is something for every style. They are available in three classic colors: white, black, and the heather grey featured here.. These high quality tees are staples that work in every seasons. Check them out here here

    If you have any questions for the designer, please, he is a valued and active member and sponsor of the community, and can be found here

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

    Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2014
Messages
1,445
Reaction score
12,220
Had a co-worker tell me yesterday that she doesn't like the color orange. So, I sent her this picture today out of spite. If I can't be spiteful at work, I'm not sure what else I can be.


IMG_7924 (1).jpg
 

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
3,071
Reaction score
4,873
Had a co-worker tell me yesterday that she doesn't like the color orange. So, I sent her this picture today out of spite. If I can't be spiteful at work, I'm not sure what else I can be.


View attachment 2185301
Sounds to me like you've got a new daily work watch.
 

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
3,071
Reaction score
4,873
My two Rolexes get 85% of my wrist time, and my Seamaster, G-Shock, and Tank get nearly all of the remaining 15%. However, sometimes you have to go with the poor man's watch.

Here's my trusty SKX007. I'm pretty sure I bought this during law school, so I estimate it's 15-17 years old. It's never been serviced and loses time super quickly, but I did receive a replacement movement I need to swap in.





Lume still going strong:

 

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2010
Messages
5,486
Reaction score
7,995
Not my first choice, but I actually like this Nivada Depthmaster.

View attachment 2187809
For those who don’t like orange dials - well that’s entirely your prerogative to like or dislike anything you please but there is some history behind a seemingly odd choice of colour.
IIRC orange is a popular choice for dive watches as it remains vibrant in low light and distorted underwater (blue) light and provides a light contrast against which darker indexes will pop. The original Doxa watches worn by Coustea and the Calypso divers were orange for that reason, and it’s remained a popular colour for dive watches (Seiko monster, Planet Ocean).

If I had unlimited cash to throw at watches I’d be interested in one of those Rolex 41mm OPs in coral red that came out a few years back. That was a sort of orangey-red color that was very tasty!

I’ve been getting a Seiko mod custom made which is due to arrive soon and I will post pics on here. That’s got an orange dial.

The watch pictured above looks odd to me due to having the bezel numbers facing outwards rather than inwards. Not sure if there’s a reason for that or it’s just a gimmick. Also I don’t like dive watches with numerals - especially giant ones like those!
 

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

  • Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

  • Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

  • Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

  • Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.


Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
510,540
Messages
10,621,258
Members
225,287
Latest member
Markrne
Top