1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Poor customer service griping thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2014.

1. umbrella613

umbrella613 Active Member

Such shortsightedness - these places would rather save a few bucks now but can't see how their anal service will cost them thousands in lost business when the customer never returns. These companies won't last long...

Had a pair of Sorel boots that chaffed terribly. The store refused to refund when I came back three days later, and I'll never go back. Sorel was normal about it, of course - they emailed a return label and refunded, no problem. The store could have done the same thing without losing a penny!

2. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

That's awful, lol. I'd issue a chargeback on both items just out of spite, lol.

3. click here

click here Senior member

Well, I used the refunded money to purchase more items from the store. Then I emailed them this

Wow! Greatest customer service I've ever received. Like you suggested, I've just order $324 worth of product from the store . But I feel so guilty... If you're feeling generous go ahead and ship these orders to me.

If not, just keep the payment. No worries...

They ended up shipping the items to me :embar:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    4 people like this.
  4. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

That's fucking amazing.

5. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

Well, I had a bad experience with (previous) forum sponsors W*ngt*p. I bought a pair of on sale AS boots size 9, they said their English shoes were English sizes so I bought them for my UK9 feet. Turns out to be UK8 and so obviously unwearable. Several emails to them yielded absolutely no response.

6. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

I wear 8.5D in the Barrie and UK8 in Trickers. Trickers country line do run large though, to accomodate thick socks I guess - and everyone's feet are different anyway. But I don't think recommending a UK7 to someone with a Barrie size of 7.5 is too out of whack.

That doesn't excuse the appalling service you received of course. You never considered a CC chargeback?

7. Shingles

Shingles Senior member

The general consensus seen from the Trickers thread is still to size one full size to one and a half size down.
    But yes, everyones feet are different. I'm not sure what that translates into swedish. Plus I still agreed upon their policy when I ordered them through their website, they claimed that the shoes were in unsalable condition (which is bullshit, ofcourse). So i'm not sure what I can do. And it's been two months now I think.

8. tropics

tropics Senior member

interesting... had a pair that did the same. although too late to return them now. i assumed they would soften up after time.