• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poor customer service griping thread

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I never have issues with retailers. However, after less than a week of light, indoor, wear, I noticed this on my new Butteros from End Clothing:

I sent them back at my own expense, and they are refusing to refund, saying that the issue was accidental damage. I have over half a dozen pairs of Butteros...

Going to issue a chargeback for the first time in forever.

Not cool.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My advice to retailers is to give your customers the benefit of the doubt, especially since it took your "team" a week to deliberate. Uppers completely unblemished, no wear on the sole except for some house wear.

It's not like the shoes wear dragged through dogshit.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The odd thing is that type of quick damage is something they can just send the shoe back to the brand and get a refund on a future invoice.
Unless the brand sucks and doesn't offer that kind of backing to their retailers.

Last edited:

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I gave up on endclothing after several bad order experiences with them. They can't even fill out the customs forms correctly.

Imyouricecreamman

Reaction score
This is the point exactly. So easy to offer a replacement pair (if possible) or a refund if not. Can't believe a big brand like Buttero don't accept returns on damage on a product that clearly has never even seen the outside. Online reputation is so easily lost.

The odd thing is that type of quick damage is something they can just send the shoe back to the brand and get a refund on a future invoice.
Unless the brand sucks and doesn't offer that kind of backing to their retailers.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Posted my own thread about the horrible customer service left field gave after they sent me ****** stained merchandise from their "mystery box". After paypal decided in my favor they told me my business was never welcome there again.

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
End is pretty ******. I bought a backpack from them and after a week of no contact I had to email them to find out that it was now out of stock and to get them to refund me. Won't stop there again.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
anyone have any end coupon codes :foo:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is the point exactly. So easy to offer a replacement pair (if possible) or a refund if not. Can't believe a big brand like Buttero don't accept returns on damage on a product that clearly has never even seen the outside. Online reputation is so easily lost.

Here are other pictures that End asked for prior to my sending them back. What bothers me is that they took a full week of deliberation. I mean, it's was an essentially new pair of sneakers.

Great service built Zappos. I have gotten running shoes, basics, kids shoes, from there, since 2004. Half a dozen returns. Only two for defect or damaged merchandise, after hundreds of orders.

Think about it.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had the worst customer service experience of my life recently with Left Field NYC. I had to fight it with AMEX for the first time in my life.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
I had the worst customer service experience of my life recently with Left Field NYC. I had to fight it with AMEX for the first time in my life.
Can I ask what happened? They tried to refuse a return on the damaged and untagged merchandise they sent me

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can I ask what happened? They tried to refuse a return on the damaged and untagged merchandise they sent me
I was buying a pair of pants from them for the first time. I called them as I was unsure of my sizing and they recommended order 2 different sizes, which I did. I ordered them through their website and nowhere on the product page did it sale it was a sale item. Only after I returned the items did they tell me that they were considered sale and they would only issue me a store credit!! Why in the world would I buy two sizes of the same pant if I had any inkling that I could not return them. Only when you want to the "sale section" of their site did it get noted there but nothing on either the fit page or the item itself did it denote a sale item. They were absolutely horrible to deal with throughout the process and would never give them another dime

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics