• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Poor Allen Edmonds Quality, Help!

LLL

Reaction score
I recently bought a pair of AE Quintons online at http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...ategory=127607
and have found issues with them and am wondering if this is typical.

The first pair that was delivered, the toe was poorly formed on both shoes. Where the leather meets the welt at the toe, it looks like there isn't enough leather to wrap beneath the welt and the effect is a hole that looks like the opening of a tent.

The second pair I received, the holes where the stitches pass through the leather is partially visible so a series of semi circular grooves runs along the the joint between the toe and the welt. It looks like whoever produced the shoe was aware of this as some of these holes are filled with brown paste. In the rear inside quarter, the leather is also extremely dry and does not feel like leather. It is quite a large piece of leather and resembles the dashboard material on some cars in terms of feel.

I am wondering if these defects are typical or if I am just being picky. I do not want to send these shoes back again as it will cost me an additional $10 for processing (I've already paid $130 in shipping and brokerage). The E-Commerce department have been helpful but if all the shoes are produced in this manner then perhaps there is nothing they can do. Are these defects something I should just accept or should I request another pair?

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
post photos

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.