• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pomade

ekaJ

Reaction score
My hair is very straight, about 1 - 1.5". I used Sportin' Waves, it's in a black can at Walgreen's for like $3 or 4. I've only tried a couple pomades, this is the only one that would actually hold my hair together over night. Works best on slightly-damp hair when it's soft.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've got one from American Crew that I've been using for years (literally, one tub)
Also just bought some Brylecreem and it's good too.

ChicagoJohn

Reaction score
As marsupialed as this sounds, ever since laughing ****** off at Jonathan Antin's reality show, I had to buy his pomade just to try it. I'll tell you what, it's bad-ass. It's pretty thick and best for shorter hair. It smells awesome and puts a nice texture to your hair, in addition to staying soft and style-able all day long. It's not cheap at $25/jar but 1 jar should last you quite a while. You can pick it up at Sephora and Ulta. Jonathan Dirt
bb_s46e_JOPR0016H.jpg

pritesh

Reaction score
another vote for american crew comes in a sort of brownish tub, you only have to use about a 10 pence coin worth or the top of two fingers. i find it works best when your hair is still a bit wet, not that its dripping with water but if you run your hair through your hands you will still get some water on them.

even thou its not a pomade american crew foaming cream is also very good as if fudge fat hed.

lost, stock and barrel - 85 karrats is also pretty good

tlmusic

Reaction score
FWIW I have used Murray's Super Light for years. It's definitely "old school" which is OK with me. My hair dresser has told me that Murrays might actually even be healthy for a person's hair, unlike many products which have a tendency to make hair dry and brittle over time.

It's only about $2 a tin.

http://murrayspomade.com/products.php

Classically

Reaction score
I use Layrite. Washes out pretty easy and you can supposedly adjust the strength of the pomade by how wet your hair is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads