• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Polyurethane soles?

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took a pair of shoes to get the heel rapaired the other day. I ask the shoe guy about getting them resoled as well and he said that I didn't need too. Ever. He told me this was because the sole of my shoes had been treated with a layer of polyurethane and that they would last a ridiculously long time.

I've actually never heard of polyurethane soles. Any truth to his durabilty claim?

Frank Rizzo

Reaction score
I made a thread about how great I think ECCO shoes are and I was laughed at and called a troll.

At any rate, I think PU has some BIG advantages. Durability is one of them. I got a few pairs of ECCO dress shoes all with PU soles and I love them. The oldest pair is holding up extremely well and it looks almost exactly the same as when i bought it.

I own some shoes with both leather and PU soles. I like the material and so far my shoes with PU soles have served me well.

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These shoes aren't Ecco, though. They're actually Italian, but they are the only ones I've ever had with these kind of soles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads