1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Polos with no logos

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by BareSolid, Jun 2, 2010.

1. XeF4

XeF4 Senior member

For logoless and cheaper than dirt, I like Mossimo athletic fit polos from Target.
    I just picked up one of these for $10, the fit is pretty good and I really like the collar. I also own a few AltA polos that I wear frequently as well.

2. porschemad911

porschemad911 Senior member

Definitely hunt down some RLPL on deep discount. They're awesome, a really great fit and nice material. You probably need to tuck though, or they're a bit long.

3. Low Budget

Low Budget Well-Known Member

Check out John Smedley.

4. Made in California

Made in California Senior member

I feel this thread's not complete without the mention of American Apparel polos which, like everything else, have no logos.

5. Made in California

Made in California Senior member

A lot of athletic polos will have the logos in places other than the chest, like the sleeve or the back. This is a much less conspicuous place for it, and is probably 20% as obnoxious. Greg Norman, Ralph Lauren's RLX line, Adidas and a lot of others would fall into this category.

6. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

7. Dr. Mabuse

Dr. Mabuse Senior member

Check out John Smedley.

Great suggestion. The fitted sea island polos are easily the best available in terms of fit and construction. Some people will balk at paying $170 and up from them though. Smedley knitwear is well worth checking out as well. Better quality then the majority of what gets discussed around here.

8. BriansAWildDowner

BriansAWildDowner Active Member

you might like the Perry Ellis ones. They just have a tiny logo on the sleeve that's pretty much the same color as the shirt

9. vnc

vnc Member

http://www.tailorstore.com/ do MTM polos for USD$30. Be sure to not chose the default which has a fancy-T stiched in the top of the back. (in the `monogram' tab)

10. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

To echo a couple of suggestions in this thread, if I lived in the UK with immediate access to sunspel and smedley, I need not look further than those two brands

11. BareSolid

BareSolid Senior member

lollers if you think I can pay £107 for a polo shirt. You lot must be made of money.

12. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

lollers if you think I can pay £107 for a polo shirt. You lot must be made of money.

would you go to a car forum and make fun of people who spend money on their cars? [​IMG]

13. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

LL Bean's seem pretty good to me for the money and have no logo. I just bought a couple of the Signature ones on sale and like the way they fit much better than the couple I have from J Crew (but J Crew has a lot wider selection of colors).

14. BareSolid

BareSolid Senior member

would you go to a car forum and make fun of people who spend money on their cars? [​IMG]

I'm not making fun, I'm just saying that though I like to dress in nice clothes, I don't have quite that much money.

15. drnls

drnls Member

Dillard's has Gold Label Round Tree & York polos with no labels. They fit well (have 2), supposedly the collar is not suppose to lose its shape easily. Priced at $39.99. NLS

16. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I think I was given a round tree and york polo, from what I remember they are rather large.

17. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Senior member

You can get RL polos w/o the horse. I see them the outlet pop up on occasion.

Go to 'create you own' Polo and make a special note for no Polo at all

18. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I gotta say I've just went and bought the $10-12 H&M ones in like 10 colors including a few white and black ones and find them perfect. they're cheap so I don't worry about sweat or dirt and they hold up well enough.

19. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

You guys are taking the logo thing too far. I am not a huge logo guy but the logos I find perfectly acceptable are the Levi's arches on jeans and a small discreet logo on a polo from brands like Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, Brooks Brothers, and Fred Perry. When I see people with big pony polos (and I see a lot of those guys) I just laugh inside a little. It does not change my opinion on anything.

20. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Senior member

Well the new thing with RL is those polos with the countries on front and all the crazy numbers/branding. They are having trouble even keeping them in stock