• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

polos... jersey or pique?

TyroneFig

Reaction score
I like the feel of jersey polo's better.. they're more like a fancy t-shirt. Are these low class? Or ok?

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pique is the classic polo material, but I personally prefer jersey or other fabrics and weaves. I have never heard of any class distinctions connected with jersey polos. Although come to think of it, I do know a good number of hicks who view polos as formal wear and reserve them for "special" occasions like court dates and trips to Sizzler.

TyroneFig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
Pique is the classic polo material, but I personally prefer jersey or other fabrics and weaves. I have never heard of any class distinctions connected with jersey polos. Although come to think of it, I do know a good number of hicks who view polos as formal wear and reserve them for "special" occasions like court dates and trips to Sizzler.

hehe well I'm bordering on that..
I'm also venturing into some dress shirts which I originally held only for job interviews

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm considering the J.Crew jersey's but I'll need to see what they look like after I try them on.

mgoose

Reaction score
I prefer the look and feel of pique myself, but I do have a Jersey one I like, I thihnk it's really just a matter of personal prefernce. I don't think most people will judge you either way. (although this is styleforum, so someone probably will)

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
pique, jersey seems too 'i have to wear a collar so ...'

chowchow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce

i do prefer jersey than pique
imo jersey breathes better

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pique is infinitely preferable.

xpress

Reaction score
Pique every time... As with posters above, the collars on jersey material never quite works.

Nuff said

Reaction score
I would rank polo shirt fabris in this order: loose jersey knit polos > pique polos > t-shirt type jersey polos.

T-shirt jersey polos need a heavier rib knit on the collars to sit right. Most pique polos have rib knit collars btw.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I think pique breathes better, and feels like a better summer material. The collars on jersey polos always seems to disappoint.

Money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads