Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Polo website...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by shoreman1782, Aug 16, 2004.

1. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

A couple weeks ago I was browsing around and I checked out polo's sale section on their website. Much to my surprise, they had the Fearson wingtip (the made in italy one) in black or "chestnut" on sale in a wide variety of sizes... for $99. I wasn't certain I needed these, and with so many sizes available, I thought I'd be ok if I decided later to try 'em out (I'm generally an 11d). I waited out the weekend, and decided to order. But on Monday, they were nowhere to be found. I though, either they screwed up, or someone bought 'em all to flip em or something. I mean, $99? That's damn good, even if they're not the greatest shoe (they do, as bluefly says, look golf-y). Well, they're back. And $159. Damn. Now I can't, in good conscience, buy them. Crap on a crap cracker.

2. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

I'd say keep watching them. If they went that low they're likely to again. The danger, of course, is that your size may sell out, but patience is usually rewarded.

3. FCS

FCS Senior member

Actually in Bluefly they had similar thing going on with their black Carlson Polos. For several days they were selling for $79 and then back up to regular Bluefly prices.