1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Polo showdown

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Kent Wang, Jun 2, 2005.

1. lupin23rd

lupin23rd Well-Known Member

Nah I just bought 2 THIS year, I have a couple other nice ones (Ferre and Miu Miu, as opposed to the other brands usually mentioned) that I've picked up over the last few years that I still wear often [​IMG] m

2. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Those women are prostitutes.

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

(Horace @ June 15 2005,15:53) At the party after the meeting, this guy (who looked like an extra from the Soprano's maybe a size 52S coat size) had a very cute blonde on either arm. No joke.
    Those women are prostitutes.
    Not necessarily (although the possibility is great). Jon.

4. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

They could be his daughters.

Who could be prostitutes.

I mostly wear Lands' End polos - good selection of colors and patterns throughout the year, hold up through any number of washes, good size range, dirt cheap. You also have the option of mesh or jersey ("interlock") fabrics.

I also have a couple of Polo RL polos, mainly because they offered colors I couldn't find anywhere else.

And I received a Brooks Brothers performance polo in the mail yesterday - I like it so far, but it hasn't gone through a wash yet.

5. raley

raley Senior member

(imageWIS @ June 16 2005,07:42) Not necessarily (although the possibility is great).
    They could be his daughters. Who could be prostitutes. I mostly wear Lands' End polos - good selection of colors and patterns throughout the year, hold up through any number of washes, good size range, dirt cheap. You also have the option of mesh or jersey ("interlock") fabrics. I also have a couple of Polo RL polos, mainly because they offered colors I couldn't find anywhere else. And I received a Brooks Brothers performance polo in the mail yesterday - I like it so far, but it hasn't gone through a wash yet.
    I too like the Land's End polos. In the overstock section, I can get the trim fit mesh polos for 10 bucks a piece. Size small after washing in order to shrink a bit fits my body perfectly. No logos, decent color selection, trim fit and cheap prices? I'll take it.

6. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

(imageWIS @ June 16 2005,07:42) Not necessarily (although the possibility is great).
    They could be his daughters. Who could be prostitutes. I mostly wear Lands' End polos - good selection of colors and patterns throughout the year, hold up through any number of washes, good size range, dirt cheap. You also have the option of mesh or jersey ("interlock") fabrics. I also have a couple of Polo RL polos, mainly because they offered colors I couldn't find anywhere else. And I received a Brooks Brothers performance polo in the mail yesterday - I like it so far, but it hasn't gone through a wash yet.
    The prob with BB polo's is that the arms are way too long, they look out of date. Jon.

7. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

8. benchan

benchan Senior member

I think BB's polos are alright, especially with the slim fit model now available. It has a wide assortment of colours and their price is relatively cheap. The two only two negatives are 1) its logo doesn't look as attractive/hip as other brand 2) no MOP buttons.

9. Kent Wang

10. Garrett

Garrett Well-Known Member

I just got 2 "modern fit" polos from express men's. They have the perfect fit and lightweight feel, and they look really nice. Im sure the fabric isnt the greatest quality, and the selection of colors is weak, but at 20$ a piece I think its quite a good deal.

11. Kent Wang

I've found that the three or four polos that I've purchased from Express and Banana Republic fade and pill up like crazy after only a few months. Banana Republic is the worse offender.

This is why I buy only vintage polos now -- since they've already been subjected to wear.