Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Polo Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GR13, Jun 26, 2006.

1. GR13

GR13 Member

Does anyone own both the Polo Tellman Oxfords and Carlson Oxfords? If so, do they fit about the same? I bought a pair of the Carlsons recently in 8.5 and they are a bit snug. I am having them stretched today. I usually wear an 8.5 in dress shoes but am thinking about going up to a 9 in the Tellmans because of the tight fit in the Carlsons. Unfortunately, trying them on before I buy is not an option.

Thanks for your help.

2. dare-

dare- Senior member

I usually wear a 9.5 in most dress shoes and wear a sz 9 tellman. I don't own the carlson.

3. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

Where is the tightness? The Tellman is a rather elongated last. If its your little toe in the Carlson's, then I would stick with the 8.5 Tellmans.

4. blaidan

blaidan Active Member

I can't speak for the Carlsons, but I own the Tellmans, and took a size 10... I measure a size 10 so I think these will fit pretty true to size.

5. gj555

gj555 Senior member

Carlsons are made in Italy and Tellmans I believe in England. Since they are made by 2 different companies I would presume the fit of one is not the same as the fit of the other.

6. LegB4Wicket

LegB4Wicket Well-Known Member

I own two pairs of the Carlsons (one black, the other brown and both purchased from Grapevinehill through eBay) in size eight.

I found they fit true to size after a couple of wearings and are now very comfortable.

Not to high-jack the thread, but does anyone know who makes the Italian Carlsons?

Ragards,

LBW

7. rajesh06

rajesh06 Senior member

I have the Tellmans in a 10. With the elongated last - I have room in the toe area, but they basically fit me well everywhere else.

For refernce I am a 10D in AEs and Aldens and a 9.5E (UK) on the single pair of C&Js i have (Westfields).