Polo Shoes Made in China?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Rolo, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Rolo

Rolo Senior member

I was at Off5th this weekend and I could have sworn I saw a pair of Polo shoes that were marked "made in china". Was this for real or was someone sneaking crack into my Wheaties?

2. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

Sneakers?

Corbens?[​IMG]

3. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I was at Off5th this weekend and I could have sworn I saw a pair of Polo shoes that were marked "made in china". Was this for real or was someone sneaking crack into my Wheaties?

They are nothing short of horrendous. You'll get three or four good wearings out of them. Trust me, I speak from experience [​IMG]

4. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

also i noticed the chinese polo shoes come with a sort of slab of concrete for soles instead of leather.

5. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Definitely for real. That Polo Brand is worth a heck of a lot of $$$$$ to Ralphie Boy. And I can assure you he sells many, many more (like 10's of 1,000's of the Made In China Polo Shoes, than the Made In Italy, or Made In England shoes that are branded Polo).

Of course the only similarity is the Polo name. But Ralph's built so much value into the Polo Brand(for himself), wouldn't you do the same?

6. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

I've seen many a RL Polo shoe made in China, and they are of modest quality.

7. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I've seen many a RL Polo shoe made in China, and they are of modest quality.

You're alot nicer to the made-in-China polo shoes than you are to things purchased from ebay.

8. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

My ivory bucks are the RL "made in China" variety. They seem fine to me. About nine years ago, I bought a pair of black rubber-soled bluchers from Polo obviously made by the same vendor (identical last). (Yeah, I know. I didn't have the benefit of these fora back then!) During the first years I owned them, I wore them a lot. They have stood up very well. They proved to be durable, comfortable shoes and not all that bad looking (as rubber-soled black PT bluchers go). With the knowledge I have today, I can do better for my money, but I don't feel ripped off at having bought them.

There seems to be an abiding prejudice against Chinese-made shoes on this forum. I think quite a few of them aren't bad at all for the money asked.

9. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

I saw some Polo suede loafers today that were made in Brazil.

10. JaredK7

JaredK7 Active Member