1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Polo Shoe Size

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sartorially Challenged, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Sartorially Challenged

Sartorially Challenged Senior Member

Could anyone tell me whether English-made and Italian-made Polo Ralph Lauren shoes run true to size?

How do they compare to, say, Bruno Maglis? Or Allen Edmonds?

2. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Distinguished Member

I have some boots from australia from the polo line and they were 1/2 size too large,

I have 2 pair of loafers and one was marked 9 D and the other 10 D and the 9D were bigger than the 10 D.

I also own a few more and 10 is 10 US.

3. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Distinguished Member

Could anyone tell me whether English-made and Italian-made Polo Ralph Lauren shoes run true to size?

How do they compare to, say, Bruno Maglis? Or Allen Edmonds?

i wear my AE's, "English Made" polo's and BM's in the same size, but the polo's feel slightly tighter than the AE's (and the one pair of bruno magli's i have).

edited to clarify that my polo experience is limited to the English benchmade shoes.

4. Sartorially Challenged

Thank you.

5. josepidal

josepidal Distinguished Member

I would note that Polo has a number of manufacturers who use a number of lasts. In other words, Polo has different sized-shoes with the same labeled size, depending on the model.

6. Sartorially Challenged

That was a part of my original question. Are Italian-made Polo Ralph Lauren shoes different from English-made ones, say, maybe 1/2 size different?