• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Polo shirts.

benzorlb

Reaction score
How many do you own? From what brands? How often do you wear them? Who makes the best polo's? And so on...

benzorlb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MensFashionJournal
I think I own about 10... my personal favorite is by V: room. If you want a picture of this, please ask as I think some people are not liking that I link.

Sure, show me.

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a variety of polos; but my Vineyard Vines and Brooks shirts are worn about 90% of the time. If my memory serves correctly, my current inventory is as follows:

Brooks Brothers-
Navy
Forest Green
Teal
Lime Green
Blue/Navy/White Striped

Vineyard Vines-
Pink
French Blue
Blue/White Striped
Nantucket Red
White

Polo-
Yellow
Navy
Navy, with Red and White Sash
White/Blue Striped

Lacoste-
Light Blue
Mid Blue
Orange
Lime Green
Lavender

J. Press-
Dark Red
Kelly Green

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.mensfashionjournal.com/20...tons-look.html

Fitted polos tend to have a very preppy/frat guy connotation, something that usually makes me want to puke. Coming from a Hispanic background, and usually seeing everyone with that disgusting Abercrombie & Fitch look, trying to flaunt their money with those repulsive Moose logos has left me traumatized. Unfortunately in making it a fashion mission of mine to disassociate myself in any way from that “I’m better than you, because I can afford something you can't" tacky, douche bag culture has left my wardrobe looking like the nightmare of the snooty Hispanic boy.
WTF are you talking about? You're traumatized by A&F? A tad melodramatic, friend.

And Abercrombie isn't fratty, it's GDI.

benzorlb

Reaction score
I have to agree, This one is my favorite Lacoste polo: http://www.mensfashionjournal.com/20...ting-look.html

That one doesn't look bad. I'll consider it.

I'm honestly looking for a polo in brands such as Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, Burberry, maybe even Gucci or whatever. But I don't really think I would get a Brooks Brothers polo.

Does anybody else have any choices on a nice polo shirt? Links would be very much appreciated.

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-.- Read the rest of the post.

I did... But Abercrombie still doesn't have "preppy" or snobbish connotations. The Abercrombie Moose worn past age 17 says "I'm poor; I haven't purchased new polos since High School."

Back to the original topic, a new company called Southern Marsh is on the scene. I haven't picked up a polo from them yet, but others who have swear by them.

benzorlb

Reaction score
I only own one Abercrombie polo which I don't wear anymore because it's too large, but I own a couple of button downs with the moose which look good. I don't think they have anything to do with being poor, those shirts cost $70 each which is not far at all off brands like RL and Lacoste.

Anyways, please stay on topic... this thread is not about Abercrombie lol. I need a nice polo shirt, can anybody suggest one? Like post a link of a nice one to consider. I would appreciate it so much.

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benzorlb
I only own one Abercrombie polo which I don't wear anymore because it's too large, but I own a couple of button downs with the moose which look good. I don't think they have anything to do with being poor, those shirts cost $70 each which is not far at all off brands like RL and Lacoste.

Anyways, please stay on topic... this thread is not about Abercrombie lol. I need a nice polo shirt, can anybody suggest one? I would appreciate it so much.

Burberry makes trenches and Gucci makes loafers. Don't buy polos from them.

benzorlb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RyJ Maduro
Burberry makes trenches and Gucci makes loafers. Don't buy polos from them.

Burberry are pretty popular for their polos too, but okay.

Anywyas, please post a picture of a polo shirt you find nice? From Lacoste or Ralph Lauren at least, no Brooks Brothers or any other unheard of brands please.

benzorlb

Reaction score
Thanks, why are you looking for those brands? Do you like having a visible logo?

No, I just want a brand I'm familiar with.

benzorlb

Reaction score
MensFashionJournal, is this the one you own? Or is it different? If you ordered it online, then post the site you ordered it on. I'm going to consider it, but still want to keep my options open.

If anybody has a suggestion, please post a link, I would really appreciate it.

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Tsk4BmA

benzorlb

Reaction score
I think its a lighter shade than that (I'm not sure if its that one and it just looks a little different in the picture), No I did not buy it online, I bout it at NYC.

I live in NYC, but anyways, there's so many different shades that it will be impossible to find the same exact one.

Anyways, go look at the Lacoste website, suggest one (Post a link). Curious to see what you can find.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads