• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Polo Shirts- High End at Good Price?

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I searched, but didn't really find anything.

What slim fit polo shirts do you guys find that are high end-->marked down to a reasonable price... around $100. Any ideas? VirtualClothesHorse.com has some Attolinis at a good price, but a little larger than my size.

david123

Reaction score
I'm also interested in this. The one Purple Label one I bought was quite wide. Have you tried the TailorStore MTM polo? My first attempt didn't turn out so well, but the concept seemed good and I'm optimistic about trying again.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could try Avon Celli.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You've tried Sunspel? I'm not sure what you're looking for in high end (other than a high MSRP, I guess) but they have an optimal fit, sleeve length, collar, material, good construction, etc.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by david123
I'm also interested in this. The one Purple Label one I bought was quite wide. Have you tried the TailorStore MTM polo? My first attempt didn't turn out so well, but the concept seemed good and I'm optimistic about trying again.

I have a few purple label polos that I really like... just can't wear them that often (two are the exact same color, just different years/different ponys running)

Originally Posted by Klobber
You could try Avon Celli.

Found one I think I'm gonna grab.

Originally Posted by Unrefinery
You've tried Sunspel? I'm not sure what you're looking for in high end (other than a high MSRP, I guess) but they have an optimal fit, sleeve length, collar, material, good construction, etc.

Where?

Originally Posted by konoyaro
You might also consider John Smedley. They have the Isis line on sale currently:
http://www.johnsmedley.com/us/mens/m...isis-sale.html

The only color I liked was only in XXL or XL.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just buy the Burberry crapola like every otha wannabe playa...

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by westinghouse
Just buy the Burberry crapola like every otha wannabe playa...

Used to have a ton... have only bought one recently (within the past year and a half) and it actually fits very nicely. My older ones are all gigantic though.

kdv10

Reaction score
Originally Posted by david123

I'm also interested in this topic as well. For the PL shirts, you have to get them with the 'Tailored Fit' tag on it. Otherwise, they will be the classic (wide) size. Even with the Tailored Fit, I still take it to my tailor for a slight trimming and then it fits fabulous.

The above is for the Purple Label Polo shirts, which are hard to find, in and of themselves. Especially in a small size.

The next best thing is Polo's mercerized cotton shirt. It has the multi-color small polo logo and has a nice sheen to it. I can't seem to find these anywhere, except online at their web site. It retails for $85, but on sale, you can get them around $50-60.

square wave

Reaction score
Completely agree on the polo mercerized polos, great fit.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RRL makes great fitting Polo shirts for $115.

No logos too..........

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1. They feel great.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(other than a high MSRP, I guess)

Generally the only difference between 'high end' polos and normal ones. It's knit cotton people. These are glorified tee shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads