• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Polo shirts - Alternative to Friday Polos

TedMosby

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for an alternative to the short sleeved Friday Polos by Luca Avitabile that he did in collaboration with Permanent Style (they are currently sold out).

Any advice on alternatives? I find it very hard to find polos comparable in terms of collar.

Thank you!

Example of Friday Polo
Friday-Polo-grey.jpg

Capgreed

Reaction score
I must say I'll too be very very interested by the answers here !
Last summer I completely reamed all my Fred Perry polo shortsleeves at the office ( I know style wise they are quite ....ermm connoted ! But Lacoste polos aren't right for my type of body , because I'm athletic and tall ( 6"2 ), and needed something i could walk out of the store with ... fast ) .
I'm searching SPECIFICALLY polos with the least amount of markings on them , but of SUPERIOR quality cloth that could resist the blast of a nuclear weapon ( meaning no shrinking , colors staying in place even washed unreasonably like back in the day , lasting 5-6 summers without a sweat ) , and style wise just , well tailored .... If there are lots of colors in the brand , it'd be a plus , because I love the dark bottle greens , the taupes , really dark burgundy , you know those essential colors that go with everything but that somehow you NEVER find in regular brands ( can't they do market studies properly these days ? for god sake ! ) ...

Capgreed

Reaction score
How do Ascot Chang and Kent Wang fit ? Are they long enough ?
I wear XL size in the non English made Fred Perrys ( you know those Chinese made slim fits ) , and while they're perfectly sized new ( spot on shoulders , long enough ) , after a few washes I'm a little tight in them ^^ But I do wear a thin tee shirt ( Levi's ones ) under them usually though .
However I wouldn't even contemplate fitting in a Tommy Hilfiger in XL , I'd RUIN the shoulder by cracking them , I have to take XXL in those but they then are too loose on the belly ...I know I'm a pain to fit polos ^^ , that's why I need to find MY perfect brand and LOAD the truck with them before they change the fit ^^( yes Lacoste I'm looking at you , you weirdo ) ...

Last edited:

GoIrish

Reaction score
Kent Wang are very slim and fitted. I’m typically a medium in most brands, large in KW.
Ive found the measurements on their site to be accurate.
Can’t comment on Ascot Chang.

Capgreed

Reaction score
Thanks for the indication Golrish , now I just hope the xxl will be long enough !

TheCountLondon

Reaction score
With apologies for resurrecting a zombie thread, I wanted to suggest Niccolò P. for a polo shirt which matches these requirements (mother-of-pearl buttons, high quality cottons including Sea Island, logo-free) albeit at a lower price point: https://www.niccolo-p.com/

Navy Sea Island Polo - Niccolò P.jpg

Disclaimer: I own the brand and have reached out to administrators regarding doing a brand introduction

Panama

Reaction score
I have been meaning to pop along if you are still in Marylebone, which I can't see on your website.

TheCountLondon

Reaction score
I have been meaning to pop along if you are still in Marylebone.

Ah, afraid not! We had a pop-up for a month near Regent Street last year and wanted to rent it again this year for a longer period - alas, someone else has taken the space. Its difficult to find space at a reasonable rate in London without winding up effectively working for a landlord - particularly so as we are priced to sell primarily online. For all the talk of empty shops, property owners are very reluctant to do deals since doing so can mean they have to mark down the asset value accordingly.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads