1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Polo Shirt-GQ

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by brebonbon, Jun 28, 2011.

1. brebonbon

brebonbon Member

I recently stumbled across this GQ article and found a magnificent polo shirt by Michael Bastian (picture 6).
    http://www.gq.com/style/wear-it-now/...on-men#slide=6

The only problem was that I cannot find anything striped like this on the web. I'm not cheap when it comes to clothes, but $595 is ridiculous.

Help??

2. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

If the polo really leads you to handle those two girls without service charge, it is NOT EVEN SLIGHTLY expensive

I think you are right, this is a pretty unique design, but all polos can look nice with the correct outfit.... so you don't need to stress yourself to much about that

3. brebonbon

brebonbon Member

Well I wouldn't say I'm stressed, but if someone here might have an idea of something similar then it's worth a try!
    Plus I have my fair share of polos, if I want to enhance my wardrobe I think changing things up a bit is the best way to go.

4. coldworld06

coldworld06 Member

I believe that is the scuba polo that he made for this season. I think that is probably the only of its kind. Especially in stripes like that. It's based off of a scuba shirt so I highly doubt a similar style has ever been made.

5. brebonbon

brebonbon Member

Well that's a shame! It's a beautiful shirt. I've never heard of a scuba shirt but it sounds interesting. Those stripes remind me of a Saint James sweater, but I love how they continue to the sleeves.

6. brebonbon

brebonbon Member

By the way what exactly is a scuba shirt? I tend to really enjoy shirts that were used by industrial workers or military style clothing. Basically shirts that look like they're meant for being used for something...a bit of a rugged look to it. Is it anything like that? Are they still made?

7. jstupple19

jstupple19 Well-Known Member

8. brebonbon

brebonbon Member

New to the site...thought I'd try uploading after examining other forums.

Check out the first pic too! 7 for All Mankind jeans look great, as does the shirt on the last page.
    I've got to say I'm becoming a huge fan of the board shorts that are fitted and come up a few inches above the knee. You just have to stay fit to pull them off.
    [​IMG]

9. brebonbon

brebonbon Member

Cool site and they had an awesome selection!

10. The Upright Man

The Upright Man Senior member

New to the site...thought I'd try uploading after examining other forums.

Check out the first pic too! 7 for All Mankind jeans look great, as does the shirt on the last page.
    I've got to say I'm becoming a huge fan of the board shorts that are fitted and come up a few inches above the knee. You just have to stay fit to pull them off.

Agreed regarding the board shorts fit/style. That's actually the way most Australians wear shorts in general also, but as you said it relies heavily upon being in good shape. Traditional board shorts that are way below the knee have always looked a bit strange in my opinion, particularly if you're a bit shorter than average (like myself).