• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Polo Shirt Brands

TopHatChef

Reaction score
With regards to polo shirts, which seem to have the best fit, price, and quality?
Ralph Lauren(any RL brand, pleas be specific)
Lacoste
Burberry
Brooks Brothers
And any others I forgot...

TheGreek

Reaction score
Lacoste &
American Eagle

repressedm

Reaction score
musicboohoo[1].gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the Polo custom fit. If only they would remove the logo, they'd be perfect. Lacoste also makes some slimmer fitting polos than their mainstream shirts.

lithium180

Reaction score
Do a search, this is a previously addressed topic. If you can find the Lacoste Chemise Made in France polos, they have a great fit and high quality cotton. The Peruvian made ones are lower quality on both counts.

Fred Perry also got some love in previous threads.

As did polos without logos.

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
I like the Polo custom fit. If only they would remove the logo, they'd be perfect. Lacoste also makes some slimmer fitting polos than their mainstream shirts.
try the 'create you own' RL line. Same polo shirts(custom fit is available.), but instead of the pony, you can get your initials put there. I have one, and i have my initails in the same navy as the shirt. I think its really cool, people can't really see if it's there; but i can
smile.gif
I also agree; the best polos are RL custom fit in pima cotton. the pima ones are harder to find and more expensive but so much worth it

TopHatChef

Reaction score
I myself am a fan of the polo classic fit. And I don't find myself in agreement with gnatty8, I find that the pony can add a nice contrast on most polos, but on others I'd prefer it gone. To me, the nicest part of the RL polos is the uneven vented hem. It seems to fall the most normal on me than all other polos.
But, specifically, how does everyone feel about Burberry? I am looking for some new shirts, and they are under my consideration.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump. My dad mainly wears Polos and he wants a brand of polo that he can wear other than Ralph Lauren and Lacoste. He has both but he doesn't really like how almost all people are wearing Ralph Lauren or Lacoste. Input please or he's going to wear Tommy Hilfiger
frown.gif

nohomo

Reaction score
I don't quite understand this board's hatred towards logos. Big ones are obnoxious but the small polo player is unobtrusive and adds a nice subtle contrast color.

I'm also curious about the Burberry polos as well. I like the one with the nova on the inside of the placket as a nice change of pace type of shirt, but the actual shirt felt kind of cheap.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fred Perry and Ben Sherman F***ers!!!!!

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 for Polo custom fit...only polos that I have that are form fitting yet comfortable around the chest...and doesnt balloon around the waist if I tuck them in.
I'm partial to the big pony polos with the # on the sleeve....I have a couple in basic colors...navy with white pony/# and white with navy pony/#...it initially seems gaudy but its actually fairly simple and they are my favorite polos.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find polo shirts are difficult to find without a logo. However, I do enjoy the custom fit by RL. Its got a bit of tail, but if you dont mind it, its a good shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.2%

Forum statistics

Threads