1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Polo RL Wool Pants

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by norcaltransplant, Dec 4, 2004.

1. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

I just bought two pairs of pants from an Ebay seller.   The first was a pair of RLPL linen trousers that I intend to keep, the second was a pair of charcoal wool herringbone trousers. They look nice as casual pants, but they were marked as 29/32 and measure 33 1/4" waist/31" inseam (which sounds more like a 31-32" pant depending on the designer).

BNWT Polo Pants
    Fabric content: 30 lambswool/70 wool
    PRICE: too cheap
    RETAIL: $145

Priced for quick sale.  OT: What do people do about deadbeat seller responses?  This wasn't the sellers fault necessarily, but I've received NO feedback.

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

I'd be interested in the wool pants -- are they pleat or flant front. More details and pics would be great.

3. norcaltransplant

Update: Flat front winter wool trousers. Â Pics below. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

That's why Ebay sucks - you can't give the seller negative feedback b.c. or even say, oh by the way, the waist was 4 inches bigger than isted, because then he will give you negative feedback to be vindictive. If they want to have a feedback system that actually means something, they have to come up with a better scheme. I've given positive feedback for sellers who took forever to deliver items, and were just really bad to deal with. Why? Because if I didn't they would give me negative, even though I pay 30 seconds after the item ends... It's a really stupid system.

5. norcaltransplant

SOLD

6. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

Great pants.  Something I could really use, but not my size.

Feedback is kind of flawed on ebay, imho,  and I have 400+ feedback dating to 1998 - although the first 250 or so was due to buying and then selling comic books - don't laugh.  Probably 60% of my feedback is buying.  

Anyway, that's why I've started using this forum.  Throwing out the names can get you a feel for who is worth dealing with and who isn't.   Who pushes the system, and who consistently beats, if not shatters, expectations (like Chuck from sartorialsolutions).

7. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

I started out on ebay selling comics in '98. Actually, I have more I need to list one of these days.

8. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Originally Posted by NoVaguy,06 Dec. 2004, 10:45
    Feedback is kind of flawed on ebay, imho, Â and I have 400+ feedback dating to 1998 - although the first 250 or so was due to buying and then selling comic books - don't laugh. Â Probably 60% of my feedback is buying. Â
    I started out on ebay selling comics in '98. Actually, I have more I need to list one of these days.
    No kidding... I have a box of comics I should have someone sell for me. Or would it be worth putting up as a lot? It's mostly the first of the Image comics, all the #1s, etc. and some Marvel, Valiant, etc. I have no idea what they're worth.

9. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

yeah, Image isn't too hot. High supply, very low demand. Some of those Image #1's came out at over a million in the print runs. Youngblood #1, anybody?