• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Polo RL Shoe Sizing

GR13

Reaction score
I bought a pair of Polo Carlsons this summer from Grapevinehill in my normal shoe size. I have found that they are a bit snug (even after stretching); they seem to run about a half size smaller than my other dress shoes. Has anyone else found that the Carlsons run small? I am tempted by some of GVHs new offerings. Do Polo shoes generally run small, or is this unique to the Carlsons, which were made in Italy?

Thanks.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their made in England (both C&J and EG) run pretty true to size for me. Perhaps it's a unique attribute of the Carlsons?

Don Goldstein

Reaction score
I came very close to buying a pair of Carlson's. I really like the simple, clean, look. I didn't have a problem with the length. I did have a problem with the width. Those shoes, like some other Polo's I have purchased, run quite narrow.

paper clip

Reaction score
I bought a pair of these in my regular size and found them a bit narrow. I had them stretched and they fit fine. I suspect with repeated wearing they would have stretched for a snug fit.

billiebob

Reaction score
Carlson's used to be made in Italy. The ones you have are marked Made in England? If so, I haven't heard anyone speculate as to the maker. It isn't CJ or EG.

Carltons are a different shape than the Darlton/Marlowe, which was the 325 lasted CandJ shoe many forumites have.

For some people (me) the marlowe/darlton runs small. I'm an 11E, but wear 11D in most shoes. My Darltons are narrow and a bit short too!

For others, it runs true to size or slightly big. Maybe this is for the narrow sizes.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 255 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.7%
  • 31 - 40