1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Polo Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by WatchGuy, Mar 14, 2007.

1. aspriel

aspriel Senior member

Big fan of Lacoste and Burberry here.

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I was thinking about the w+h polo but was a bit put off when i found out the medium measured 21" pit to pit. I might consider it still, but i was hoping for 20". Where can i find the marc jacobs stinky rat polos online?

3. gdc_2008

gdc_2008 Senior member

How much do the AA polos shrink post-wash, no dry? A small fits me perfectly unwashed off the rack.

I bought 3 mediums a couple months back...they didn't shrink too much, just a little in length (which worked out ok, the seemed a bit long). What bugged me is that one seemed to be cut different, the neck is smaller around, so it buttons a bit off. Their QC is spotty...

4. migo

migo Senior member

does anyone know where you can get Stinky Rat polo's online??

5. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

Not to Hijack too much, but I am planning a trip to the RL store or outlet this weekend to pick up some new custom fits. I was going to go for a white, a blue, and either a light pink or lavender. Between those two, which would you say? I'm comfortable rocking either color, but am just a little unsure, considering I'll likely only get one of the two.

can't really advise on the color question, as I don't know your coloring, but be forewarned that finding "custom fit" polos (or shirts for that matter) at the outlets can be very tricky.

6. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

Original Penguins are good too, though a bit short.

Honestly, the best fitting polos I have are vintage from the late '70s and early '80s, Lacoste and otherwise.

7. thisisme

thisisme Senior member

www.peasantonline.com has two spruce polos on sale for $44, if you like the colourings of them ..... (go to sale section)

aha i bought one of those polos for $10 at the sale

8. DGP

DGP Senior member

can't really advise on the color question, as I don't know your coloring, but be forewarned that finding "custom fit" polos (or shirts for that matter) at the outlets can be very tricky.

Actually, I learned something very interesting when trying on polos at Bloomingdales. A regular fit small fits me a lot better than custom fit medium. The CF was too short in the body and arms, as well as a bit big in the waist. However the small, once the arm holes stretched a tiny bit, fit perfectly. It fit so well that I bought it. And the next day I was at the Santa Monica Pier, and a gul took a big green shit on it. I hate birds. But I digress.

9. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Band of Outsiders makes my favorite polos.. they're well cut, nice details, and no logo.

10. evacuatingheaven

evacuatingheaven Well-Known Member

i have a polo by a company called "honors" that fits me perfectly. it's 60% polyester 40% cotton, has a pocket, and is just one length at the bottom. i wish i could find more!