1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Polo Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by WatchGuy, Mar 14, 2007.

1. WatchGuy

WatchGuy Senior Member

I am looking to get some polos and wanted to see if you guys have any recommendations on brands/stores to look. I currently have a bunch of plain polos, but I feel its a bit boring wearing jeans/khakis with solid polos. I'm hoping to find something more interesting.

Thanks for the input!

2. lance konami

lance konami Distinguished Member

I saw a new polo at H&M that looked like a fred perry polo, black with the red and white stitching on the sleeves and collar, looked really good.

I have a cool Ben Sherman blue argyle polo, same one Get Smart has. But I bought mine first. [​IMG]

Actually this is a good question, I'd like to see what other people recommend because I'm looking for some as well.

3. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Distinguished Member

How much do the AA polos shrink post-wash, no dry? A small fits me perfectly unwashed off the rack.

4. alterion

alterion Senior Member

i found some amazing polo's in dover street market today, but at £70-110 i decided to pass for the moment

5. Max

Max Senior Member

I like le tigre.

6. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Distinguished Member

£70-110

!!!!

This deanandtrent place may be a good option...

7. mr bunbury

mr bunbury Senior Member

Marc Jacobs Stinky Rat are great polos for only $35--I'm going to go pick up some more this weekend.

8. covington

covington Active Member

I think a lot of the cost for Fred Perry polos is brand pricing. That is, you pay to wear a Fred Perry. However, they are of good quality and they are nice looking. My girlfriend bought me a green Fred Perry polo for christmas and the shade of dark green is spectacular.

9. jean_connoisseur23

jean_connoisseur23 Senior Member

stinky rats,ralph lauren custom fits and fred perry polos

10. phaedrus

phaedrus Senior Member

i found some amazing polo's in dover street market today, but at £70-110 i decided to pass for the moment

What polos were they? CDG?

11. mendel

mendel Senior Member

How much do the AA polos shrink post-wash, no dry? A small fits me perfectly unwashed off the rack.

I've found they shrink up quite a bit in the length, very little anywhere else. Same deal with their Ts, so if you have Ts, they shrink like that.

12. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

You can almost get an H&K shirt on sale for that much!

Jon.

13. DGP

DGP Distinguished Member

Not to Hijack too much, but I am planning a trip to the RL store or outlet this weekend to pick up some new custom fits. I was going to go for a white, a blue, and either a light pink or lavender. Between those two, which would you say? I'm comfortable rocking either color, but am just a little unsure, considering I'll likely only get one of the two.

14. alterion

alterion Senior Member

What polos were they? CDG?
    I very nearly bought the £70 one, probably should have done actually, was a wonderfull all over sketch thing, can't remember the brand but it was on the second or third floor [​IMG] the £110 one was raf simmons. there were some nice fred perry X CDG ones for about £100 aswell.
    sorry i'm fashion ignorant really i just pretend- what is h&k? ( i googled but i guess its not the german weapons manufacturer or the stainless steel cookware brand [​IMG] ) the was that supposed to be irony? if so i apologise for messing up your high fashion joke, if not i apologise for insinuating you thought £100 was not too much to spend on a polo shirt

15. DGP

DGP Distinguished Member

I very nearly bought the £70 one, probably should have done actually, was a wonderfull all over sketch thing, can't remember the brand but it was on the second or third floor [​IMG] the £110 one was raf simmons. there were some nice fred perry X CDG ones for about £100 aswell.

sorry i'm fashion ignorant really i just pretend- what is h&k? ( i googled but i guess its not the german weapons manufacturer or the stainless steel cookware brand [​IMG] ) the was that supposed to be irony? if so i apologise for messing up your high fashion joke, if not i apologise for insinuating you thought £100 was not too much to spend on a polo shirt

It's Hiltich and Key (though I know that's not how you spell it), IIRC. They are an English shirt maker. Or are you guys talking about something else?