• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Polo RALPH LAUREN 'Tellman' $185 deal or no deal

mikeynyc

Reaction score
All,
I have the opportunity to get these in brown from GVH for $185.
Of course I'd like to find em for less but in your travels, do you think this is a good price?

thanks for your thoughts.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikeynyc
All,
I have the opportunity to get these in brown from GVH for $185.
Of course I'd like to find em for less but in your travels, do you think this is a good price?

thanks for your thoughts.

yes. get them. If GVH has a ton of these, you might see the prices go down with each subsequent auction, but I would not risk it.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought them for 202.50.

I think you're getting a good deal.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think people got them for $160 to $180 exclusive of tax or shipping, at best. I wouldn't qibble over getting them for twenty bucks less or so. Go for it.

mikeynyc

Reaction score
C&J correct?
Just wondering about the fit. I have the Redding boots in the same size (8.5D) and they're just a wee bit snug.

horton

Reaction score
C&J

Initiially mine were a little snug (narrow) but now are perfect

argoth

Reaction score
How are you getting these at that price? From the GVH site they seem to be at $349 for me, which doesn't seem like much of a bargain over C+J handgrades at PLAL. Am I missing something or are you winning bids on Ebay?

Arg

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by josepidal
I think people got them for $160 to $180 exclusive of tax or shipping, at best. I wouldn't qibble over getting them for twenty bucks less or so. Go for it.

Take that back. You would so.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely buy 'em .. good price on a well-made shoe that will last you a few years to come.

argoth, more than likely it's a second chance offer from GVH - he probably bid at 185 but lost the auction.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Take that back. You would so.
No, I'd quibble over Todd giving me crap for spotting a cash register error in the Rodeo Drive store. I wouldn't quibble over not finding a $160 offer over $180, and I did in fact get my Tellmans for $180 plus tax.

Your fixation with me is very flattering, I have to admit.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by argoth
How are you getting these at that price? From the GVH site they seem to be at $349 for me, which doesn't seem like much of a bargain over C+J handgrades at PLAL. Am I missing something or are you winning bids on Ebay?

Arg

A few Tellman auctions ended today at around $200. GVH is making second chance offers so it seems he's got a large stock of Tellmans again. Sometimes it's better to NOT win an auction... $185 is a great price for these. If they weren't so narrow, I'd get some.

argoth

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. The auctions I'm involved in don't end for another couple of days. So, I guess wish me luck on not winning and good fortunes on reasonable seconds.
smile.gif

Arg

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hmm, how does sizing run compared to AE? I'm 8.5 in Park Avenue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads