• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Polo "greysouthern shoes" on bluefly

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered that shoe yesterday in black (considered brown as well, but I need something a little less basic in brown)...

At that price, I have to say I expect them to be corrected grain. Their full retail is listed at $225, even there I'd expect corrected grain leather. Maybe my expectations have just been lowered.

If you're willing to wait, I'll be happy to report on them when they arrive (they haven't shipped yet).

FCS

Reaction score
Shoreman, unfortunately tomorrow the sale will be over. Did anyone else get these?

HitMan009

Reaction score
Haha, I was about to ask the same question when the gentleman of gentleman, A Harris posted up the link last night. I ordered a pair myself. The soles seems to have a funny rubber inset between them. Makes them a bit thicker then I would have liked. But $90 and some change shipped with the 15% coupon, I think it's pretty good deal. Always nice to have more shoes to rotate. Damn, now I need even more shoe trees. I am sure people here have a forest of shoe trees. Right now, I am just in the range of neighborhood park of shoe trees.
tounge.gif
I will definitely let people know how they are when I get them. Hey, at least they are made in Italy and not China.

HitMan009

Reaction score
I got my pair today. They are rather plain and boring but nonetheless, they have a leather sole. The stitching on the bottom of the sole is very coarse. I think I will use some shoe cream to darken them up. As for the uppers, it's not black black. Almost has a grey tint to them. First thing was to apply a liberal amount of black shoe cream to them, at least to the toe area. That made them much more blacker with a deeper black to them. A few coats of Kiwi black shoe polish, spit-shined of course and the shoe looks pretty decent. I will work on them a bit more to create a richer black effect. I only did the right shoe to compare/constrast the difference. I will take pics if someone wants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads