• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Polo custom fit vs. classic fit

coop86

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I know there have been many different threads regarding the fit of each of the various polos. My dilemma is this: I have tons of Custom Fit Medium polos, but the chest size is too tight now, but the Classic fit M polos I bought are actually too big for me. Do any of you know whether a Classic fit S would be a better option?

factorial

Reaction score
Just get a different brand of polo. I can vouch for the fact that Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece slim-fit polos in Medium are larger in the chest than PRL Custom Fit M, but smaller in the chest than PRL Classic Fit M/Custom Fit L. I'm sure you could also check out Lacoste or Fred Perry.

coop86

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Animal Thug
Have you tried custom fit, size L?

Yes, chest is fine, but the arm length and shirt length are both too long.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try a classic fit small. It's a fairly generous cut, for a small.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.