Polo (crockett and jones?) shell cordovan

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JohnMS, Apr 15, 2004.

1. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior member

For anyone interested, this appears to be a shell cordovan chukka boot by Polo (Crockett and Jones???). Can someone confirm the maker? http://www.bluefly.com/pages....8924279 Use GIFTBLUE22 (all caps) and get an additional 15 percent off. That's $296.65 plus $7.95 shipping. I would like some feedback on the maker if anyone has an idea. I know C&J works with shell cordovan, but do other makers as well?

2. HRHAndrew

HRHAndrew Senior member

That is most certainly a C&J boot.  Top quality for that price.  I think I may have to pick up a pair.  Thanks for the link. But. that code is not working. Any new bluefly codes out there?

3. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior member

HRH

GIFTBLUE22 in all capital letters should work. Minutes ago I processed an order with that code and it gave me 15 percent off.

4. HRHAndrew

HRHAndrew Senior member

Thanks, it could be that I used it already. It said something like "welcome kit discount" Could be I spend too much money.

5. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior member

Appears to be the Chepstow in the 325 last. Does anyone know if this is a regular or narrow fitting?

Question is, is this really shell cordovan? Polo.com tends to list their cordovan shoes at the $595 price that Bluefly lists.

6. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior member

7. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

They aren't EG and Polo only uses EG and C&J for their English shoes.

They are cordovan (the texture of the leather is very distinctive in the close-up pics,) and they do appear to be the Chepstow. The C&J catalogue lists them as an E fitting.