1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Polo C&J Handgrade

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jjgold, Jun 17, 2006.

1. jjgold

jjgold Senior Member

I found some Polo C&J Hangrades. Well I am pretty certain they are the Hangrade. They have the sole that shows no stitching. I was curious...I know the styles are a bit different than the C&J Catalogue. Are they the same as the Handgrade? They are regular $595 and on sale for $350. You cats think a good price?

Thanks

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

Supposedly the "channeled sole" has, in the past, been put on benchgrade shoes at the request of certain retailers. I think the concensus though is that the Polos are generally handgrade level. I have no idea, frankly, and don't own any myself.

3. Pennglock

Pennglock Distinguished Member

$350 is as good a price as you're going to find on the handgrades. I would jump on them.

Others may know some little details that identify a handgrade C&J, but I think the easiest way is just to look at the leather. There is a definate difference comparing a bench and hand grade side by side.

4. thinman

thinman Distinguished Member

What is the model? I know the Polo Alton is C&J Handgrade, but I'm not familiar with any others. This is not to say they don't exist; they almost certainly do.