Polo C&J Handgrade

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jjgold, Jun 17, 2006.

1. jjgold

jjgold Senior member

I found some Polo C&J Hangrades. Well I am pretty certain they are the Hangrade. They have the sole that shows no stitching. I was curious...I know the styles are a bit different than the C&J Catalogue. Are they the same as the Handgrade? They are regular $595 and on sale for $350. You cats think a good price?

Thanks

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Supposedly the "channeled sole" has, in the past, been put on benchgrade shoes at the request of certain retailers. I think the concensus though is that the Polos are generally handgrade level. I have no idea, frankly, and don't own any myself.

3. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

$350 is as good a price as you're going to find on the handgrades. I would jump on them.

Others may know some little details that identify a handgrade C&J, but I think the easiest way is just to look at the leather. There is a definate difference comparing a bench and hand grade side by side.

4. thinman

thinman Senior member

What is the model? I know the Polo Alton is C&J Handgrade, but I'm not familiar with any others. This is not to say they don't exist; they almost certainly do.