• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Polo C&J Handgrade

jjgold

Reaction score
I found some Polo C&J Hangrades. Well I am pretty certain they are the Hangrade. They have the sole that shows no stitching. I was curious...I know the styles are a bit different than the C&J Catalogue. Are they the same as the Handgrade? They are regular $595 and on sale for $350. You cats think a good price?

Thanks

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Supposedly the "channeled sole" has, in the past, been put on benchgrade shoes at the request of certain retailers. I think the concensus though is that the Polos are generally handgrade level. I have no idea, frankly, and don't own any myself.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$350 is as good a price as you're going to find on the handgrades. I would jump on them.

Others may know some little details that identify a handgrade C&J, but I think the easiest way is just to look at the leather. There is a definate difference comparing a bench and hand grade side by side.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the model? I know the Polo Alton is C&J Handgrade, but I'm not familiar with any others. This is not to say they don't exist; they almost certainly do.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.