1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Polo Blue Label SC & Suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by shuman, Dec 1, 2004.

1. shuman

shuman Well-Known Member

I love the Polo Ralph Lauren sportcoats and suits, but have nowhere locally to look, and am searching eBay. DOes anyone know of a retailer, website, or anything where I can locate any at a discount? Any eBayer that has any on a regular basis? Thanks.

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

worst case scenario, couldn't you just call up the major retail locations, ask them what they have in your size, and have them describe it over the phone and ship it to you? Post-holiday sales are generally pretty good. I know it's sight unseen, but you already know you like Polo, and it could be a pretty safe bet.

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Well, the Polo web site has some for sale and if anyone has a promo code, you could save even more.

Jon.

4. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior member

check the Ebay sellers prl67 and polosphere. They both have extensive RL goods for sale, including Purple Label items at times prl67 polosphere

5. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

I see them all the time for good deals in Off Saks if there is one near you.

6. shuman

shuman Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback. I will have to check these out.

7. shuman

shuman Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if PRL stores offer MTM on a regular basis, or only at Trunk Show times? I have recieved contradicting information from two Polo stores. I am trying to locate their traditional Tan/Creme HBone SC, and am having no luck. Any other brands I should consider? VERY traditional stuff.

8. Phil

Phil Senior member

You can get Polo Blue Label MTM all year round, but they offer deals at spring and fall trunk show times. The deals end up taking about $250.00 off the price. You cant order a white linen suit in the dead of winter though, since the fabrics are mostly seasonal, thats the only thing to keep in mind.

9. shuman

shuman Well-Known Member

Thats what I thought. I'm familiar with HSM MTM program, and it is the same way. I havent been able to find such a coat from other vendors. I can only find HSM and Southwick locally that would offer that kind of look. I hate to pay the $ for Polo Blue Label MTM, but at least i know it will have the look I want. It doesnt have to be PRL to suit my labelwhore mentality. [​IMG]

10. j

j Senior member Admin

I just ran across an OLD (the earliest font/logo I believe) Polo blue label Tan/Creme HB tweed suit at a thrift shop. It looked in good shape though I didn't go over it closely. I didn't note the size, but it was probably somewhere between 40-44 or I would have noticed. If you want, I can check back there in the next couple days, next time I'm up there. What's your size, in case I run across another one?

11. j

j Senior member Admin

I checked out that suit again. It is really cool actually, tan and cream herringbone wool tweed, a 40 reg I believe. I didn't try it on, but I'm quite sure it was my size. Pants are fully lined. Let me know if you're interested.