1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Polo B&M vs Polo.com

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by pkincy, May 24, 2006.

1. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

During my trips to and fro the B&M store during the shoe sale I got mightily confused.

None of the models carried on Polo.com are carried in the store (Phoenix, Az) and if they are they are different prices different names etc.

I tried on a pair that look very much like the Mackay Cap Toe (made by EG?) and rather than being $850 marked down to $595 they were marked $595 and called the Benton. I would love to know what these are and who makes them so I can find a pair in brown. The black's I tried on fit perfectly and were very comfortable but I don't want another pair of black shoes.

Perry

2. TomW

TomW Senior member

Perry,

I have them in brown - check out ebay seller Grapevinehill - they are most likely Crockett & Jones Belgraves rebadged for Polo. Unlike the MacKay's by EG they are half brogues with no medallion on the toe or broguing on the heel counter or quarters.

3. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

Thanks Tom,

I will do it.

Perry

4. thinman

thinman Senior member

In general, I've been told that RL stores and polo.com are two different entities, and carry different stock. So I frequently find shoes in the stores that are not carried on line. I find this annoying, as I have no easy source of shoes when the RL sales arrive.

5. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

In general, I've been told that RL stores and polo.com are two different entities, and carry different stock. So I frequently find shoes in the stores that are not carried on line. I find this annoying, as I have no easy source of shoes when the RL sales arrive.

That is true, Polo.com is licenesed out to a large tech firm that runs several other websites. I think they get a flat management fee and and a percentage sales. I am not sure how closely their styles match, but they should be rather close.

6. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

One of RL's sons runs the webstore. David, I believe.

7. dare-

dare- Senior member

The company that runs polo.com also runs burberryusa.com, I know because I made a Polo order and there was a problem with the billing. I got an e-mail from burberryusa. I thought that some chav has stolen my credit card and bought crap on burberry.

8. dare-

dare- Senior member