• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Poll with my pictures: Am i wearing my jeans and chinos too tight? Does it look gayish?

I think it's

• Total voters

jensi

Reaction score
Dear community,

i sometimes get the comment that my clothes/style suggests that i might be gay. The problem is that i prefer girls/women - i'm a 36 year old guy - and I don't want them to be turned off rightaway. I like tight fitted clothing but the bait has to be for the fish ;-)

Can you give me your honest opinion? Pictures below:

Skinny-Fit-Jeans

Slim-Fit-Chino

johng70

Reaction score
Tapered jeans should not, IMO, ever be worn with boots for a man. Your pants should never bunch up at boot tops. If you want to wear boots, you should have pants that fit over top the boot.

zunker

Reaction score
Assuming you are not trolling, my honest opinion is this doesn’t look particularly “gayish”, just out of date and a bit silly, like Legolas dressed in GAP.

jensi

Reaction score
Hi, I'm not trolling :) Thank you for your answers and votings, I'm starting to get the fitting right. This helped a lot to me.

Taverner.cohen

Reaction score
too tight I guess, for me wound'tbe confortable nevertheless looks good
Dear community,

i sometimes get the comment that my clothes/style suggests that i might be gay. The problem is that i prefer girls/women - i'm a 36 year old guy - and I don't want them to be turned off rightaway. I like tight fitted clothing but the bait has to be for the fish ;-)

Can you give me your honest opinion? Pictures below:

Skinny-Fit-Jeans

Slim-Fit-Chino

toplel

Reaction score
Jeans are spot on. Don't care for the boots.

JettStyle

Reaction score
The jeans are on the tight side, but they are not too tight. I agree with what has been said about the boots, they do not work with the rest of the outfits IMO.

Whether this is the right fit for you depends on what you are looking for. The fir/style is not "classic" but if you are looking to meet younger ladies, you are not going for classic style. The fit is certainly on trend and should be right for younger ladies.

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You sound terribly insecure and obsessed with “gayness”. But yes, your pants are all too tight.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.