• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poll : This or That?

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That.
Both This and That photos feature a double sole yet to my eye(s), That lends itself better asthetically with a double sole than This. Perhaps a matter of personal preference. Both are very nice but That is nicer. Now had This featured a single layer sole it would have had a chance, but then again I'll weaken faster for a nice longwing. That is all I can say about that at this time.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajv
C&J accepts to make MTOs in shell (from Horween).

So does Tricker's. Their city line is often overlook, but I rather like it.

Sam, are you sure you want cordovan anyway? It's expensive and it's a very peculiar look -- not exactly among the first few pairs of 'proper' shoes I would get. Pardon me if I've made an inaccurate assumption about your wardrobe-building stage.

Claudius

Reaction score
I voted for This, because the right one looks too bulky. The left shoe is more streamlined.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are you wasting your time on shoes? Back to photoshopping. kthx.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Isn't there supposed to be a choice of "the other thing?" You know ... "this, that, and the other thing." I definitely prefer the other thing.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That said ... I used to own a pair very similar to "This." Several years ago they were sold on eBay ... to someone in Japan.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oops ... I accidently voted for This when I meant That. After all ... that's why I sold This. But ... I still prefer The Other Thing.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Oops ... I accidently voted for This when I meant That. After all ... that's why I sold This. But ... I still prefer The Other Thing.

Such a beautiful post—thank you, RSS. And I missed The Other Thing option as well.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Such a beautiful post—thank you, RSS. And I missed The Other Thing option as well.
Politicians used to promise the voters "this, that, and the other things." Now they just lie about "this, that, and the other things" their opponents did or didn't do.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
That said ... I used to own a pair very similar to "This." Several years ago they were sold on eBay ... to someone in Japan.

I knew you had very good taste....
devil.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Politicians used to promise the voters "this, that, and the other things." Now they just lie about "this, that, and the other things" their opponents did or didn't do.

Ah, so the post was even deeper than I thought... Let's not go on about politicians"”talking shoes is more interesting. Talking anything is more interesting.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agreed ... back to this, that and the other shoes.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
duplicate post (see below)

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or mayonnaise. Lasbar, what's the best French (commercial) mayonnaise?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads