• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

POLL: SW&D does "Traditional" Challenge

WHO IS BEST?

• nicelynice

Votes: 14 13.5%
  • chocsosa

Votes: 30 28.8%
  • EliodA

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • upr_crust

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • kashmir

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • zissou

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Rais

Votes: 30 28.8%
  • Caustic Man

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Claghorn

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • Darkside

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • EFV

Votes: 13 12.5%
  • GusW

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Tirailleur1

Votes: 58 55.8%
  • Rosenrot

Votes: 42 40.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
SW&D DOES TRADITIONAL

We have people posting here from all over the world; different countries, cultures, religions, and fashions. Now is your chance to delve into your heritage and show us something that reflects whatever "traditional" means to you. I want to use "traditional" in the broadest sense of the word, though, so while for some this may mean "formal," that shouldn't be the case for everyone. You could also incorporate some traditional element into an otherwise modern fit, so this doesn't need to be a head-to-toe recreation of 18th century Japan (though if anyone can do that, please do).

Prizes:

1st Place: I will provide you a $50 credit at... where else? @Epaulet
2nd Place: @Synthese will write a 2-3 paragraph story about your fit. He hasn't agreed to do this and I am just publicly volunteering him for the job so we'll see how that works out.
3rd Place: choose the next challenge.

THE ENTRIES:
OGCkWvj.jpg

Last edited:

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
I love that you added Ivy style in there. Should be interesting.

Oh yeah, so with that in mind I will volunteer you to recruit the CM folk who may be interested in participating in this one. No reason we shouldn't have entries from both sides of the wall here.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great contest! Since you are already offering both my services (I ACCEPT) and a gift card, I will hold on to this Uniqlo card for the next one so that we can keep the love rolling.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So Styleforum SW&D traditional would be like... BoO oxford + chinos + CP achilles? 5 zip + jeans + GATs?

My predecessors were ancient Style Farmers.

Last edited:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, hell, I could just recycle my fit from the denim competition.

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Subscribing.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When are we going to have the poorly-dressed challenge? I have so many great challenge ideas -- I just need to win one first.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads